Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Integrating a Orbi Mesh with an existing Nighthawk router

Netcando
Follower

Integrating a Orbi Mesh with an existing Nighthawk router

Hello and thank you for your help.

My Current setup is a Nighthawk AX6600 (RAX70) Triband Router and I would like to intergrate a AX4200 WiFi Mesh System (RBK753).

I would like to contuue to use my Nighthawk Router (AX6600) and was told I could set the 2 systems up to coexist. I have ony had the Nighthawk router since April so I am not ready to replace it.

My question is can these 2 systems, devices work togeter? My concern is the router situation. You can only have one router and both systems are routers.

In the old days we use to turn off DCHP on a router and use it as a hot spot...access point.

So that is my question.  tried calling support but I had a terrible connection and could not understand the person trying to help me, although I was apprectiave. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Dan

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Integrating a Orbi Mesh with an existing Nighthawk router

Can you use them at the same time? Yes

will they integrate? no

What I did with mine was to use the RAX as router mode and put the orbi system in access point mode. 

That prevented the double nat. 

Then I just used a different ssid for the RAX and made sure it was on different wireless channels from the orbi. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7