Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear ORBI RBK23 CONNECTION TO TPG NBN HFC - HELP!

dougk1
Follower

Netgear ORBI RBK23 CONNECTION TO TPG NBN HFC - HELP!

Hi guys,

This topic has ALMOST been covered a few times before, however the fixes tend to be with the Netgear Orbi RBK50 and nothing on the RBK23.

My situation;

1. have a TPG HFC NBN connection in Sydney
  2. It is connected to an ARRIS CM8200 modem
  3. This is currently connected to the TP Link Archer VR1600v router
  4. I am trying to connect the modem to the Netgear Orbi RBK23 router (in place of the Archer VR1600v)
  5. The fixes for the RBK50 tend to be; Go to the Router menu - 1. Advanced - 2. Advanced setup - 3. VLAN - 4. Enable VLAN - 5. Tag group, set VLANID=2 and name=internet
  6. However with the RBK23 there does not seem to be a 'VLAN' option - does this not support VLAN (requirement for TPG, I think)?
  7. Any help on how to get connected (without having to use the VR1600v as a bridge) would be massively appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Doug

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear ORBI RBK23 CONNECTION TO TPG NBN HFC - HELP!

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Might try updating FW to see if VLAN option was added. If not, then the 20 series Orbi system may not work well for your ISP needs. 

Either return the 20 series and get a 50 series or put the other router online, disable it's wifi radios and use it's DMZ or IP pass thru for the RBR so you can use the RBR in router mode. Or configure AP mode with the Orbi 20 series. 

@dougk1 wrote:

Hi guys,

This topic has ALMOST been covered a few times before, however the fixes tend to be with the Netgear Orbi RBK50 and nothing on the RBK23.

My situation;

1. have a TPG HFC NBN connection in Sydney
  2. It is connected to an ARRIS CM8200 modem
  3. This is currently connected to the TP Link Archer VR1600v router
  4. I am trying to connect the modem to the Netgear Orbi RBK23 router (in place of the Archer VR1600v)
  5. The fixes for the RBK50 tend to be; Go to the Router menu - 1. Advanced - 2. Advanced setup - 3. VLAN - 4. Enable VLAN - 5. Tag group, set VLANID=2 and name=internet
  6. However with the RBK23 there does not seem to be a 'VLAN' option - does this not support VLAN (requirement for TPG, I think)?
  7. Any help on how to get connected (without having to use the VR1600v as a bridge) would be massively appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Doug

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7