Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 AC3000 Wifi keeps disconnecting every few minutes

yiuchuntang
Tutor

Orbi RBR50 AC3000 Wifi keeps disconnecting every few minutes

Hi Community 

3 months ago I have bought a RBR50 system and connected to the RBS50 Satellite using Wired connection and it was working prefectly until last week. 

Last week i added a second RBS50 Satellite to the RBR50 using wired connection and I have updated the the firmware to v2.5.1.8 and the nightmere came.  This week the WIFI for IOS and Andriod basically crashed and it disconnect every 2 minute and i had to disable the WIFI and reconnect on my phone every minute to use internet.   PCs and other device that are connected using LAN wired are not affected. 

Since Netgear only offer 90 days support which is just passed and I am really frustrated because I first spend $450 to buy the system and I spent another $400 to buy an extra second hand system RBR50+RBS50 . the reason I m buying another system is that I would like to add another Satellite but in Australia the RBS50 is not sold separately or the price is the same if you buy the whole set.    I spent total $850 to get this WIFI system and ended up I couldn’t use it.

I really hope if there is anyone who can assist to fix my WIFI issue and I don’t mind to pay for someone who can fixed the problem.  I am really frustrated disappointed with Netgear.

Kenneth

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 AC3000 Wifi keeps disconnecting every few minutes

The easiest step is to download firmware 2.3.5.30 from the Netgear support site and do a manual firmware update (actually "downdate", ha).

Before that, you can try doing a "factory reset" on the router and both satellites and configuring them from scratch.

What a bummer.

Message 2 of 5
yiuchuntang
Tutor

I have tried to to reset factory setting and downgrade the firmware to 2.3.5.30 but it did not solve the problem.  All IOS device disconnect every 1-2 minutes.   I found that my labtop using WIFI does not drop off and working good. 

I found some suggestion from other post and tried all below but still haven't fix the problem.  The following are what i have tried :

Set 2.4Ghz channel to 1
Disabled daisy chaining since I only have 1 satellite.
Enabled beam forming to boost device WiFi reliability.
Changed CTS/RTS to long preamble mode
2.4 GHz and 5 GHz (2341 and 2345 respectively), changed preamble modes to long preamble, and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. 2.4Ghz wireless power under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireeless and set it at 25%.

None of the above can fix the problem.   I am wondering the problem is occur from my Wired connection from the router to the 2 satellites.  I saw in other post someone has the same problem as mine with only wired connection but couldn't fix it too. 

Can someone please help ? this is the worst christmas day i have ever had 😞

Message 3 of 5
yiuchuntang
Tutor

I have finally found out what caused the problem . I have tried to connect to the two Satellites via Wifi NOT wired and my Iphone not longer drop signal every minute.

However I must need to connect the router to the satellites using wired because the bed room is far away from the router unless I put 3 satellites in between. This is is the main reason I bought the Orbi wifi because of its wired connection of router and Satellites with the same SSID .

Is there anyone know how to fix the problem ? Netgear are you able to help ?
Message 4 of 5
yiuchuntang
Tutor

Sorry too early to say . The problem came back even I am Not using wired connection for the router to satellites

Interesting only IPhone have this problem . And on my phone it is still showing the wifi icon with full signal but just couldn’t connect to internet , YouTube and any even if I open the Orbi app it asked me to check my internet connection . Every time I had to disable wifi and enable again to solve the problem . However problem comes up every few minutes .

I would appreciate if anyone can help
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7