Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR53 - Canon MG6350 WIFI weird connectivity issue

Orbi RBR53 - Canon MG6350 WIFI weird connectivity issue

Hello. 

Just bought and set up Orbi RBR53 in house and it's fantastic. However I have one weird issue is regarding not being able to add my Canon MG6350 to win10 or print from other devices such as iOS etc. But it's on the wifi network and I can ping it.

I am on the latest firmware (v 2.7.2.104)

Printer only works on 2.4ghz

All devices are on same network, not guest

Printer has joined wifi network fine (printer is about 2 meters away from the router)

I can see printer as device in network map on the router

I can ping printer from laptop

I can see printer via the canon network utility

I've got the latest canon drivers on laptop from canon web site

Laptop is Win10 using windows AV \firewall etc (no 3rd party end point management etc).

I've changed the wifi 2.4 channel from 1 to 10

Tested each channel = same issue can ping printer fine, just can't add it to win 10 or print from ipad or iphone.

I also validated channel change using (wifiinfoview) and waiting for ping to return a reply from the printer IP before trying to add printer.

I checked through the KB's and forum saw posts on change 2,4GHz channel \ un tick enable 20.40 MHz co-existence, didn't work.

I then tried old router (ASUS), was able to add printer from Win10 and print from iphone - worked perfect.

Switched back to Orbi, then deleted and tried to readd printer to win10 - didn't work, also was not able to select printer from iphone again.

It's a weird one,  only when I switch to use the Orbi that I can't add the printer in Win10 or print via iphone.

Everything else (smart TVs \ Wifi camara's \ smart TV etc all work perfect via Orbi network.

Anyone have any thoughts (appart from by a new printer - just worried there I end up with same issue lol).

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR53 - Canon MG6350 WIFI weird connectivity issue

Yes, this is truly weird.  The printer supports only 802.11b/g/n on 2.4G WiFi.

What does "see printer via the canon network utility" mean?

That is a program running on the Win10 computer that is able to "do things" on the printer, such as set default values, report ink levels, etc.?

Do any error messages appear when adding the printerto Win10?

Does the printer have the same IP address on the Orbi WiFi network as on the Asus WiFi network?

(I like to assign an IP address to printers so that I know where they are.)

Once the printer has been added to the Win10 computer on the Asus WiFi network, what is the point of deleting and readding it?

Message 2 of 3
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: Orbi RBR53 - Canon MG6350 WIFI weird connectivity issue

I don't see how this would affect not being able to add your Canon printer to your Windows laptop but just in case:

One difference when switching routers, even when keeping the same wireless SSID, is that the Windows network is different and therefore its public/private settings may change.  This affects the Windows firewall behavior for other devices on that network.  Therefore make sure your new Orbi network is marked "private" in Windows: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/change-network-profile-public-private-windows-10/#

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7