Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite Connection via Ethernet

Glassfist
Aspirant

Orbi Satellite Connection via Ethernet

I am trying to get an ethernet connection through my house built in cables to the satellite while maintaining the wireless output of the orbi router. Is this possible?

I thought I could put the modem to the yellow "internet" then connect ethernet cables to the router (house wired one).

Thanks!
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
st_shaw
Master

Re: Orbi Satellite Connection via Ethernet

Yes.  Setup the system and add the satelites wirelessly first.  Once everything is setup, you can connect the satellites by wire to the LAN ports on the Orbi router.  It may take 5 minutes or more to stabilize.

Message 2 of 4
Glassfist
Aspirant

Thanks. I think it's working after some blue and magenta color swaps... the network map still says wireless though (dotten line from router to satellite)
Message 3 of 4
st_shaw
Master

Good.  It sounds like you are using the app.  Try logging into the Orbi router GUI using a web browser and look at the "Attached Devices" page there.  It may give you a more accurate report on how the satellite is connected.

The attached devices report has not always been accurate in various firmware releases.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7