Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi - Sonos & Plex (Oh-My!) SOLVED

SESamuels
Follower

Orbi - Sonos & Plex (Oh-My!) SOLVED

I am using RBR850 and two satellites and love Orbi. I recently added a Sonos ARC soundbar and attempted to use the Sonos PLEX app to access my PLEX media server on my LAN for music. The Sonos PLEX app could see my PLEX server, show my artists, tracks, playlists, etc. When an item is select to play, the Sonos PLEX app would return an error message “Unable to play {track name}, unable to connect to PLEX” The solution was: • Make sure that NAT loopback on the Orbi is turned on (UPNP) • Turn off Orbi Armor – this was blocking the attempt of the Orbi PLEX app to connect to the Sonos servers when using the PLEX app. I love my Orbi and would like to use the Armor security; however, I cannot identify exactly what was blocked by Armor for the Sonos/PLEX app, so I cannot ‘whitelist’ the item to work with Armor. I have asked Sonos if they have any details on how to ‘whitelist’ the Sonos/PLEX app. If I discover this, I will update this post.
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi - Sonos & Plex (Oh-My!) SOLVED

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

@SESamuels wrote:
I am using RBR850 and two satellites and love Orbi. I recently added a Sonos ARC soundbar and attempted to use the Sonos PLEX app to access my PLEX media server on my LAN for music. The Sonos PLEX app could see my PLEX server, show my artists, tracks, playlists, etc. When an item is select to play, the Sonos PLEX app would return an error message “Unable to play {track name}, unable to connect to PLEX” The solution was: • Make sure that NAT loopback on the Orbi is turned on (UPNP) • Turn off Orbi Armor – this was blocking the attempt of the Orbi PLEX app to connect to the Sonos servers when using the PLEX app. I love my Orbi and would like to use the Armor security; however, I cannot identify exactly what was blocked by Armor for the Sonos/PLEX app, so I cannot ‘whitelist’ the item to work with Armor. I have asked Sonos if they have any details on how to ‘whitelist’ the Sonos/PLEX app. If I discover this, I will update this post.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7