Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Wifi - does it support PPOE connections directly via Ethernet?

shayanitalia
Follower

Orbi Wifi - does it support PPOE connections directly via Ethernet?

I have a query. So where I live, our internet providers give us a deicated fibre connection via ethernet. This currently goes into my Wifi Router where I can configure the setting to be a PPOE one, enter my internet ISP user name and password, and all the necessary DNS details and then my internet connects. With wifi systems like EERO, you cannot configure this and thus I have to take an ETHERNET CLONE out of my Wifi Router into EERO and then use eero to spread the wifi across the house.

My question is this? With Orbi, can I get rid of my crappy wifi router and connect my fibre ethernet internet cable directly into ORBI's primary router and configure the PPOE ISO user name and password and then use the satellites to broadcast th wifi across the home thus having a single parent device for my internet than having a wifi router and then an extender wifi mesh network like EERO?

Please advise.

Thanks

Shayan

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
TheEther
Guru

Re: Orbi Wifi - does it support PPOE connections directly via Ethernet?

According to the manual, PPPoE is supported.

Message 2 of 3
psimondo
Star

Re: Orbi Wifi - does it support PPOE connections directly via Ethernet?

It is supported. I use PPoE directly from the Orbi. However, I am suffering horrible connection issues where the Orbi suddenly loses all Internet connections, as well as local connections. You cannot even reach the orbi admin webpage. The only fix is a restart. So I'll be going back to AP mode because the router mode seems incredibly flaky.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7