Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi and Arris touchstone TG2472 (Cox )

jjon90
Guide

Orbi and Arris touchstone TG2472 (Cox )

I can confirm that Orbi worked seamlessly with my Cox cable/wifi/telephone modem! I did shut down the wireless capability in the Arris prior to the Orbi setup! Orbi did improve the speed and connection reliability so far being 10 hrs into the Orbi/Satellite setup.

Message 1 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi and Arris touchstone TG2472 (Cox )

Hello jjon90

Great to hear let us know if you need help or run into any issues.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 8
Trikein
Luminary

How did you set it up? That gateway is not capable of being bridged because it has phone service attached to it. You should still disable the wireless on the gateway if you don't mean to use it. It will only mess with the Orbi wireless.

Message 3 of 8
jjon90
Guide

I did not set the Orbi up in bridged mode.

Message 4 of 8
Trikein
Luminary

Then you have double NAT. Hopefully you don't game or do any advanced networking.

Message 5 of 8
jjon90
Guide

If I remember I think I Put the wireless router in modem's DMZ. But it's been too long I can't remember how I did it. Bit not having any  gaming conflicts/errors with ports.

Message 6 of 8
Trikein
Luminary

The DMZ bypasses the gateways(modem) firewall,  but not it's NAT.  NAT in router and NAT in gateway= double NAT. NAT is Network Address Translation. Its the system that allows the router or gateway to take the usually public IP from the WAN port and allows multiple private IPs (192.168.x.x) on the LAN and wireless. Since the gateway only hands out private IPs, the WAN port on the router gets a private IP instead of a public IP, which can cause issues. YMMV

Message 7 of 8
Trikein
Luminary

Double post. Please remove

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7