Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi and Night Hawk M1

champion01
Aspirant

Orbi and Night Hawk M1

Hi, not sure if this is possible, but was hoping someone could tell me if its possible to somehow connect the Nighthawk M1 devise to an Orbi devise to effectively use the 4G network and the M1 devise as the interenet connection to then plug into the Orbi to allow it to broadbast the internet aroudn the house?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Orbi and Night Hawk M1

Ah, I did not know of this limitation of the M1.  That's rather unfortunate.  You could use a range extender, as in

M1--Wi-Fi--extender---Ethernet---Orbi as AP

This, however, is a big hack.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Sure.  Enable Access Point (AP) mode on the Orbi.

Message 2 of 4
champion01
Aspirant

Thanks for responding. It seems the Nighthawk M1 wireless devise does have an ethernet port but it is designed only to plug the devise into hotel internet or an existing LAN that already has internet to then allow the M1 to broadcast that internet rather than use the mobile network...This is why the Orbi doesnt recognise that an internet connection is "found" becuase the M1 isnt transfering data via the ethernet port. Any ideas?

Message 3 of 4
TheEther
Guru

Ah, I did not know of this limitation of the M1.  That's rather unfortunate.  You could use a range extender, as in

M1--Wi-Fi--extender---Ethernet---Orbi as AP

This, however, is a big hack.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7