Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi -- connecting to Meraki VPN

JohnK_OC
Aspirant

Orbi -- connecting to Meraki VPN

Hello,

We just installed a new Orbi system in our home office, and now I cannot connect to our Meraki firewall we have at our office. Other locations can connect fine, so we know it not on the Meraki side.

Our Orbi system is on the latest firmware (2.5.something) and we do not have any sort of parental blocks/filtering or anything else in place. We also tried changing the DNS on our system to Google (8.8.8.8) from Frontier's defaults.

Any thoughts? Thank you.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi -- connecting to Meraki VPN

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

I would contact the VPN Mfr to see if they have any help and information regarding this. 

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

While the issue may not be on the Meraki side, the company provides a detailed list of troubleshooting tips at

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Client_VPN/Troubleshooting_Client_VPN 

Is there someone at the office who can look at the Meraki logs to see if the connection attempt reaches them?

Does the Meraki VPN client on your computer have logging options?  My OpenVPN client apps log step-by-step progress.

@FURRYe38asked what the Orbi system is connected to.  Did you simply "add" the Orbi to an existing WiFi router?

Message 3 of 4
JohnK_OC
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.

I have gone through that document, and have opened a ticket a with Meraki.

I have reviewed the Meraki logs -- the VPN connection from the remote computer does reach the Meraki, but does not authenticake -- like the packets can't make it back through the Orbi to the clients remote PC to complete the handshake.

I have tried opening ports UDP 500 and UDP 4500, but that didnt work. And dont want to mess with too many more things until I get some feedback from Meraki.

It is not *my* system -- it is my client's (at their home) so I am working off limited information... I do believe they just added the system to their Frontier modem, but don't know what they did ... if they put things in bridge mode, etc...

I am pretty well versed in Meraki, but not as much so in Orbi.

I appreciate you (both) taking the time to reply. I will post whatever the solution end up being...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7