Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi lost download speed

flamenca
Tutor

Orbi lost download speed

Help!  I have newly acquired the Orbi RBR50 system.  I have lost totally nearly all of my download speed from my modem.  Have contacted my IP and there are no problems with the system.  I have a satellite internet system that give me 22 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload.  I have tried all of the solutions offered on the community forum relating to this problem.  Is it the satellite IP system that is interfering with the Orbi or could it possibly be the satellite phone system that we have.  We live in a remote part of Spain high in the mountains.  Previously we have not had any problems with  netgear routers and extenders but I needed to have a better signal in the remainder of the house hence my reason for the purchase of the Orbi system.

Message 1 of 4
TomMac
Guru

Re: Orbi lost download speed

Have you done a factory reset on the units?

Don't think it's your phone as they usu operate on the L band, 1616 - 1626.5 MHz

Message 2 of 4
flamenca
Tutor

Do you mean a reset?  I have done that but still do not receive a full signal.  If I just connect the router the signal is stronger (not as stong as it should be) but the moment that I connect te satellite Orbi the signal becomed weaker nor stops altogether.  Would it help to connect the router to the satellite router with a ethernet cable? 

Message 3 of 4
TomMac
Guru

@flamenca wrote:

Do you mean a reset?  I have done that but still do not receive a full signal.  If I just connect the router the signal is stronger (not as stong as it should be) but the moment that I connect te satellite Orbi the signal becomed weaker nor stops altogether.  Would it help to connect the router to the satellite router with a ethernet cable? 

don't believe you can use ethernet cable for the backhaul channel .

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7