Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi with SONOS

TC10
Tutor

Orbi with SONOS

Can I run SONOS speakers on Orbi 2.4ghz network?  I keep trying to connect to Orbi network and I even get a message that it is configured and connected but when I try it, the network has reverted back to my previous network which only covers part of our home.

When I configure, I do have a SONOS speaker plugged in to the ethernet.

Orbi states that it provides a 2.4ghz network and SONOS states that it requires a 2.4ghz network, so it should be working??

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master

As soon as you plug one Sonos into Ethernet, Sonos will use its own private 2.4 GHz mesh network and cease using WiFi. This is actually the preferred way to run Sonos instead of connecting it to WiFi. Do not wire more than one Sonos device though, or you can create problems with network loops. 

Sounds like you have two separate networks running, Orbi and your previous network, otherwise your Sonos would be working fine.   You should run with only one network, or you will create problems. Problems like you are having now.  Either run Orbi in access point mode or remove your old router. You should have one, and only one, router in your network. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
st_shaw
Master

As soon as you plug one Sonos into Ethernet, Sonos will use its own private 2.4 GHz mesh network and cease using WiFi. This is actually the preferred way to run Sonos instead of connecting it to WiFi. Do not wire more than one Sonos device though, or you can create problems with network loops. 

Sounds like you have two separate networks running, Orbi and your previous network, otherwise your Sonos would be working fine.   You should run with only one network, or you will create problems. Problems like you are having now.  Either run Orbi in access point mode or remove your old router. You should have one, and only one, router in your network. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7