Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

QoS Setup Orbi RBR850

rhill1959
Aspirant

QoS Setup Orbi RBR850

I just got the Orbi RBR850.  So far I like it.  My question is about the QoS Setup.  I read in an older post for a different Orbi model that you can't adjust the settings.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/How-do-I-configure-QoS-settings-on-Orbi-RBR50-router/td-p/1813...

I didn't turn on this feature and all I see on the panel is to do the speed test.  My question:  Is the Orbi RBR850 defaulted to always have this on, or can it be turned off? 

Thanks,
Robert

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Mstrbig
Master

Re: QoS Setup Orbi RBR850

@rhill1959 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  I haven't found a switch within the Orbi panels.  Do you know where to look?  Seems like it's an always on feature.

Are you using the app or orbilogon.com?

Under orbilogon.com / Advanced / Advanced Setup / Wireless Setup / Check or uncheck "Enable WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) settings"

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Mstrbig
Master

You should be able to turn it off. Arguably I find it better on, when doing speed tests. It works for my streaming devices, but I may suffer some speed loss on others. But who really knows as speed tests can be different each time you do one.

Message 2 of 4
rhill1959
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  I haven't found a switch within the Orbi panels.  Do you know where to look?  Seems like it's an always on feature.

Message 3 of 4
Mstrbig
Master

@rhill1959 wrote:

Are you using the app or orbilogon.com?

Under orbilogon.com / Advanced / Advanced Setup / Wireless Setup / Check or uncheck "Enable WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) settings"

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7