Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 slow connection upstairs

jboogie15
Aspirant

RBR50 slow connection upstairs

Hey,

Wifi works perfectly downstairs and I'm getting the advertised 200mbps all throughout my first floor. However, upstairs the connection is slow and intermittent despite having two satellites in both corners of the second floor. The firmware is up to date, and I have tried changing the placements and location of the satelites. Additionally, the router is in a central location and according to my internet provider everything looks good on thier end. I would like to note though that this problem only started occuring a few weeks before christmas. Any suggestions are apprieciated!

Thanks!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

Re: RBR50 slow connection upstairs

@jboogie15, if you are running v2.5.0.x firmware, and it was retracted by Netgear after many bugs and stability issues were found. NG disabled autoupdate in recent releases due to the issues that it has caused.  I suggest manually upgrading your RBR50 and satellites to v2.5.1.8 if you are running v2.5.0.x firmware.  It is available from https://www.netgear.com/suppzio fort/product/RBR50.aspx#download

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 2 of 4
jboogie15
Aspirant

@tomschmidt I'm currently running firmware V2.3.5.30 on my router should I go ahead and manually update to V2.5.1.8. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

v2.5.1.8 is good to upgrade. Solid and stable. Upgrade the RBS first if you have them, the the RBR lasty. 

@jboogie15 wrote:

@tomschmidt I'm currently running firmware V2.3.5.30 on my router should I go ahead and manually update to V2.5.1.8. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7