Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBW30 Unlinked and Magenta

juuustin
Follower

RBW30 Unlinked and Magenta

Long story short, I added an RBW30 to RBR50/RBS50 a few weeks ago and it provided the extended coverage well. Unfortunately, the network began having some throughput issues that I resolved through a reset of the network at the RBR50. This worked fine except now the RBW30 pulses white for about 10 minutes and then goes magenta whenevr I try to add it back to the network. I have hit the reset button numerous times to no avail.

What I believe may have happened is that when I added the RBW30 to the network, I recall it updating its firmware immediately, but for whatever reason, the RBR50 did not get updated. After resetting the entire network, the RBR50 is now at the latest firmware but I am unsure if the RBW30 is similarly updated.

Basically my question is two-fold: 1. is there any additional troubleshooting I can do on the RBW30 that sits magenta other than continually trying to rest until it holds the white LED? 2. is there a way to rollback firmware on all 3 devices to a known state which could then allow the RBW30 to be synced?

Model: RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBW30 Unlinked and Magenta

@juuustin wrote:

I have hit the reset button numerous times to no avail.

Firmware on the two products are different.

Latest firmware on the RBW30 is 2.6.2.2

There is a difference between 'hitting reset' and doing a Factory Reset:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

I am more comfortable working on mesh products when they are in the same room.

Can you temporarily relocate the RBW30 to the same room as the Orbi router.

(It can be connected to an extension cord rather than a wall plug if that is more convenient.)

Do a Factory Reset, then attempt to sync it with the router using the Orbi web interface, "Add an Orbi Satellite" menu item (at the bottom).

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7