Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Replacement for Arris TM1602 Cablevision Modem

mongotz
Aspirant

Replacement for Arris TM1602 Cablevision Modem

I want a modem to replace my Arris TM1602 Cablevision Modem that I pay monthly for.  It supplies internet and phone to my home.  Using RBR50 and RBR 50Y outdoor mesh system.  TY.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

Re: Replacement for Arris TM1602 Cablevision Modem

You need to check your Internet Service Provider for modems that they support.  Their web site should list compatible modems, if not then you will need to contact them.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@tomschmidt's advice is spot on.  Having phone service through the modem adds a layer of complexity to the situation.  (Maybe things have changed, but...) when I signed up for phone service with Time Warner, they had to swap out my modem because I wanted Caller ID and only one of the modems was linked to VoIP that supported Caller ID.  Now that Spectrum bought them, maybe that is no longer the case.  Be very careful when looking at the list of "approved" modems to find one that also supports phone service.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

See if your ISP supports NGs CM1000 or CM1100

@mongotz wrote:

I want a modem to replace my Arris TM1602 Cablevision Modem that I pay monthly for.  It supplies internet and phone to my home.  Using RBR50 and RBR 50Y outdoor mesh system.  TY.

Message 4 of 5

@tomschmidt wrote:

Their web site should list compatible modems, if not then you will need to contact them.

Is the ISP has a user group that is also a good place to seek help.

Other users are more likely to be imaginative and resourceful and to "break the rules" and get third party hardware to work.

ISPs are famously ignorant when it comes to the kit that works on their networks. And Netgear doesn't have enough expertise, or the inclination, to test its hardware on every network.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7