Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellite with blinking red light cannot be found by router, doesn't reset or sync either.

mgonzalezpr
Aspirant

Satellite with blinking red light cannot be found by router, doesn't reset or sync either.

I have a Orbi (RBR10) Router with 2 satellites (RBS10). One satellite is working fine, the other simply does not sync anymore (worked when I first set up the system).  It shows a pulsating red light on it (in the manual I read it meant corrupt firmware), and with it being offline and not connected to the router, HOW DOES ONE CONNECT AND MANUALLY DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE TO THE OFFLINE SATELLITE WHICH WILL NOT CONNECT TO THE ROUTER.  Any advice on how to resolve this issue?  I am sure this is not an isolated occurance, but I am unable to find solutions.  

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Satellite with blinking red light cannot be found by router, doesn't reset or sync either.

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP
Need to press the reset button for 30 seconds then release, then it send to PUT the command and upload the FW. 
I had a problem on a Windows 10 PC where this didn't work to use TFTP, so I switched to a WIndows 7 PC and the TFTP worked.

IF this fails, contact NG support and ask about an RMA...

Message 2 of 6
mgonzalezpr
Aspirant

Re: Satellite with blinking red light cannot be found by router, doesn't reset or sync either.

@FURRYe38 Thank you! I have a question before I attempt that... The problem I am having is with just one of the satellites, but the instructions always refer to the router... I just need to confirm, that even if the problem is with one of the satellites (I have 2, the other is working fine) I need to work on/with/through the router

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Apply those instructions to the RBS. You'll be working on the one effected RBS with a wired PC to see if you can get it recovered. 

Message 4 of 6
User2021July
Aspirant

With the RBS10 there are no wired ports on the satellite, is there a way to connect to them?
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I guess not since the RBS doesn't have a ethernet port. 

You'll need to contact NG support and ask about what your options are. 

@mgonzalezpr @User2021July 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7