Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Skybell HD and Netgear Orbi – synced but no video

clibba
Aspirant

Skybell HD and Netgear Orbi – synced but no video

Hi
Just had my SkyBellHD installed. I’ve synced and connected to my wifi. I’m running a netgear orbi (router + 2 satelites). The skybell connects to one of the satelites and the speed test is >40mb/s. I get notifications when there is motion or pressed but i get no video (just the spinning wheel) and no activity log. I’ve tried to trouble shooting but no success. Any advice? Is it a known issue that orbi and skybell dont work well?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 10
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

Re: Skybell HD and Netgear Orbi – synced but no video

If you already unticked this option to disable it, please ignore.  Otherwise, give this a shot.

• Disable 20/40 MHz Coexistence
Message 2 of 10
ekhalil
Master

@clibba wrote:

Hi
Just had my SkyBellHD installed. I’ve synced and connected to my wifi. I’m running a netgear orbi (router + 2 satelites). The skybell connects to one of the satelites and the speed test is >40mb/s. I get notifications when there is motion or pressed but i get no video (just the spinning wheel) and no activity log. I’ve tried to trouble shooting but no success. Any advice? Is it a known issue that orbi and skybell dont work well?

One of the reasons that can cause this issue is having double NAT in your network. If your ISP modem is acting as a router and does NATing on the incoming WAN traffic then this can cause different issues since Orbi is also doing NATing. You need to check if you have double NAT.

Please open a Command Prompt on any computer attached to Orbi and type:

tracert 8.8.8.8    (traceroute to Google’s DNS server)

1. If you see two private IP addresses listed in the first two hops then you have double NAT. Please check the model of your ISP modem and if you have a manual for it.
  2. If you see only one private address and the second hop shows a public address, then you’re all good and we need then to troubleshoot further to find the root cause of the issue,
Message 3 of 10
Ravasier
Aspirant

I get "command not found" when i run this in my mac's terminal application. What am i doing wrong?

Message 4 of 10
ekhalil
Master

@Ravasier wrote:

I get "command not found" when i run this in my mac's terminal application. What am i doing wrong?

In Mac, the corresponding command is traceroute

Message 5 of 10
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@clibba wrote:

... I get notifications when there is motion or pressed but i get no video (just the spinning wheel) and no activity log...

Is this client connected to same Orbi WiFi or it's connect to LTE for example?

Message 6 of 10
tallack
Aspirant

Try downgrading to 2.2.1.212 to be sure that it is not a probelm with the newer code.  My SkybellHD could not join on the new code for some reason.  Worked fine before the upgrade, and worked fine again when I downgraded.

Message 7 of 10
clibba
Aspirant

Thanks. Looks like two isps in the first two hops

I’m on hfc broadband. The supplied isp broadband terminal box that connects to my orbi is arris cm8200
Message 8 of 10
clibba
Aspirant

Further update. I just applied for a static ip as my isp uses GCNAT. The test now has one price and one public ip. Still no luck with any video. Just the dreaded spinning wheel
Message 9 of 10
KirklandClan
Aspirant

Did you ever get a fix for this? My Skybell HD will randomly work to view live feed one minute and the next I'll just see a "loading circle". When it stops working it'll stop for a few hours.

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7