Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

TreeHue Christmas lights

marty_bent
Follower

TreeHue Christmas lights

I just purchased TreeHue christmas tree lights and they will not connect to my network. I tried them at a friends that uses Google Mesh and it connected. This is how I know the device works. It will only connect to 2.4GHz but I am set to automatic and I have 3 other device connect to 2.4. Please help

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: TreeHue Christmas lights

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz. Try channel 10 as well. Try setting WPA security to WPA, then try WPA2 and AES only. As a quick test, disable WPA security on the Orbi and see if it will connect, then re-enable WPA security.

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).
If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually. So try this out as well.

Message 2 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: TreeHue Christmas lights

@marty_bent

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information FURRYe38 provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7