Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Vacuüm cleaner

WKiek
Aspirant

Vacuüm cleaner

Dear All,

I own a Netgear Orbi RBR V2. It normally functions very well and I am happy with the purchase 5 months ago. However, everytime I use the vacuum cleaner, the internet connection goes down (wifi is still up). After a system reset everything goed back to normal. How do I fix this?

WKiek

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Vacuüm cleaner

@WKiek wrote:

Dear All,

I own a Netgear Orbi RBR V2. It normally functions very well and I am happy with the purchase 5 months ago. However, everytime I use the vacuum cleaner, the internet connection goes down (wifi is still up). After a system reset everything goed back to normal. How do I fix this?

WKiek

This is a first. Must be some interference. What brand and model vacuum cleaner is it? Is the vacuum plugged into the same circuit as the devices? 

Message 2 of 7
Mikey94025
Hero

@WKiek wrote:

However, everytime I use the vacuum cleaner, the internet connection goes down (wifi is still up). After a system reset everything goed back to normal. How do I fix this?

Start by resetting the network/wireless connection of your vacuum cleaner.  Is it using DHCP?  Make sure there isn't an IP address conflict or it's using an old IP address from your previous wireless setup.  Also download and install the latest firmware for the vacuum cleaner.

Message 3 of 7
WKiek
Aspirant

All, thanks! I am dealing with An old- fashioned vacuumcleaner from Miele. It is not connected to the internet. The network remains in place only the internet connection is lost. ( the router to which I have connected the Orbi still shows functioning Internet) the wifi connection is telling me connected no internet. After restarting the system it is back to normal.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

@WKiek wrote:
All, thanks! I am dealing with An old- fashioned vacuumcleaner from Miele. It is not connected to the internet. The network remains in place only the internet connection is lost. ( the router to which I have connected the Orbi still shows functioning Internet) the wifi connection is telling me connected no internet. After restarting the system it is back to normal.

I think you may be experiencing RF modulation noise interference. Lights, motors, dimmer switches, microwaves, transformers, wall wort power supply, RF frequencies, High voltage wiring, etc can cause it. In your case, maybe your very old vacuum cleaner has worn out brushes or a weak armature causing a frequency interference reeking havoc on your router and/or satellites wifi channel. 

You could try changing the WIFI channel which may or may not solve it. Or replace the vacuum.

Message 5 of 7
ClydeWysocki
Aspirant

Same thing is happening with me. Which vacuum cleaner are you using? I am using Aqua Power C4 commercial extractor. I do not why is this happening. Did you find out the reason and solution of this?

Message 6 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@WKiek wrote:

Is the Orbi isolated from the house electrical supply with a UPS that has RFI/EMI filtering?

Does this happen no matter where in the house the vacuum is used, or only when plugged into certain electrical outlets?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7