Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Vodafone NZ Fiber and Orbi80

fabridges
Aspirant

Vodafone NZ Fiber and Orbi80

Hi - i have read through other posts, but get lost.

Have a stanfard Chorus Firbe Modem and a Vodafone router - techicolor ultra hub.

When setting up the Orbi80, i get wifi signal, but no internet connection.

The netgear "routerlogin" dont work - clear all browers history etc.

Please help setup.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Vodafone NZ Fiber and Orbi80

Sometimes sequence is important.  i.e.

• Power off the Orbi and modem.
  • Connect the Orbi WAN (yellow) port to the only ethernet port on the modem.
  • Power on the modem and let it stabilize (this can take 2-3 minutes)
  • Power on the Orbi router.  It should go through a sequence of steps:
    https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean 
    i.e. the "Ring Light" at the top should be white for a few minutes (computers are not as fast as we want them to be)
    Then, the Ring Light should go out. "No Light" is correct.
  • At this point, the Orbi should have created the WiFi network and be read for login.
    The WiFi name (SSID) was originally ORBI80, but you may have changed it during the original setup (did you?)
    The WiFi password was originallly what is printed on the product label, but you may have changed that as well (did you?)
  • At this point, you should be able to connect a WiFi device to the Orbi (phone, tablet, laptop, etc.)
    A web browser on the device should have internet access.

I might be mistaken, but I seem to remember that "routerlogin.net" has been used for Netgear routers for a long time, and that perhaps the Orbi name is "orbilogin.net".  If it doesn't respond to that, you need to look at the IP information on your device.  There should be the IP address of a "gateway", which is the Orbi router.  You can open a web browser to that, i.e. "http://<ip of gateway>" (no quotes)

Until the router is working correctly, I would not attempt to power up any satellites.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@fabridges wrote:

Have a standard Chorus Fibre Modem and a Vodafone router - technicolor ultra hub.

When setting up the Orbi80, i get wifi signal, but no internet connection.

"ORBI80" is the name of the WiFi name that the Orbi will broadcast, with the password being what is printed on the label.

It would help to know the specific model number of the Orbi router, which is also on the label.

How is this Orbi being set up?  (Orbi "app" or using a Windows or Mac computer)?

Is it correct that the yellow (WAN) jack on the Orbi has been connected to an ethernet jack on the Vodafone router?

Message 2 of 5
fabridges
Aspirant

HI. RBK23. RBR20
Setup via the App on Android.
I have tried 2 setups. Direct to the chorus modem and also via the LAN on the VF modem into the yellow internet plug in the RBK23.

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Sometimes sequence is important.  i.e.

• Power off the Orbi and modem.
  • Connect the Orbi WAN (yellow) port to the only ethernet port on the modem.
  • Power on the modem and let it stabilize (this can take 2-3 minutes)
  • Power on the Orbi router.  It should go through a sequence of steps:
    https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean 
    i.e. the "Ring Light" at the top should be white for a few minutes (computers are not as fast as we want them to be)
    Then, the Ring Light should go out. "No Light" is correct.
  • At this point, the Orbi should have created the WiFi network and be read for login.
    The WiFi name (SSID) was originally ORBI80, but you may have changed it during the original setup (did you?)
    The WiFi password was originallly what is printed on the product label, but you may have changed that as well (did you?)
  • At this point, you should be able to connect a WiFi device to the Orbi (phone, tablet, laptop, etc.)
    A web browser on the device should have internet access.

I might be mistaken, but I seem to remember that "routerlogin.net" has been used for Netgear routers for a long time, and that perhaps the Orbi name is "orbilogin.net".  If it doesn't respond to that, you need to look at the IP information on your device.  There should be the IP address of a "gateway", which is the Orbi router.  You can open a web browser to that, i.e. "http://<ip of gateway>" (no quotes)

Until the router is working correctly, I would not attempt to power up any satellites.

Message 4 of 5
fabridges
Aspirant

Ok. Not sure what happened differently, but seems to be up and running. Thanks and appreciate help.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7