Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi rbr50 no net or wifi when connected

VStarNinja
Aspirant

orbi rbr50 no net or wifi when connected

Hello all, hope the community can help, ive got NBN internet, it was working fine untill last week, long story short, telstra replaced all the hardware, now my wifi routers would not connect ethernet or wifi, i rang the phone company and done serveral test, they said the wifi router must be broken so i went out and bought the orbi rbs20, it would not still connect to the net via the routers, ive have tried everything i can think of, but when i connect the pc directly to the nbn modem the internet works fine, can somebody please help, i have called the phone company and have spoken to them for serveral hours and still could not solve this problem, 

thanks in advance

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: orbi rbr50 no net or wifi when connected

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? Built in router here? If so, This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop 

Try option #3...

@VStarNinja wrote:

Hello all, hope the community can help, ive got NBN internet, it was working fine untill last week, long story short, telstra replaced all the hardware, now my wifi routers would not connect ethernet or wifi, i rang the phone company and done serveral test, they said the wifi router must be broken so i went out and bought the orbi rbs20, it would not still connect to the net via the routers, ive have tried everything i can think of, but when i connect the pc directly to the nbn modem the internet works fine, can somebody please help, i have called the phone company and have spoken to them for serveral hours and still could not solve this problem, 

thanks in advance

Message 2 of 10
VStarNinja
Aspirant

sorry i dont know what firmware is on it, how do i find out?

i cant see any mfr, but the model is WNTD-CLI2

revision: R1D

the serial is 2.11.5323.180705

NTD UNI-CLIENT 

there is no button on the NBN box, its connected directly to the satterlite disc, i cant disable wifi, it has 4 uni-d ports, port no1 is connected to my pc, with flashing green light at the port, port no2 is connected to orbi wifi router with no green light,

i tried to log into netgear but they said iam not connected to orbi wifi  

i just rang telstra and ask them to bridge but they said they can only do it for telstra modems, 

sorry iam a noob, i have tooken lots of photos but i dont have net on my phone to upload them on here

Message 3 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

What happens if you connect the Orbi to port 1 instead of the PC (and maybe restart the modem so that it recognizes a new MAC address)?

Message 4 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Try option #3...

The ISP modem needs to have it's wifi disabled if at all possible. Ask your ISP to help you with this. 

@VStarNinja wrote:

sorry i dont know what firmware is on it, how do i find out?

i cant see any mfr, but the model is WNTD-CLI2

revision: R1D

the serial is 2.11.5323.180705

NTD UNI-CLIENT 

there is no button on the NBN box, its connected directly to the satterlite disc, i cant disable wifi, it has 4 uni-d ports, port no1 is connected to my pc, with flashing green light at the port, port no2 is connected to orbi wifi router with no green light,

i tried to log into netgear but they said iam not connected to orbi wifi  

i just rang telstra and ask them to bridge but they said they can only do it for telstra modems, 

sorry iam a noob, i have tooken lots of photos but i dont have net on my phone to upload them on here

Message 5 of 10
VStarNinja
Aspirant

i went and bought a telstra modem, it seems to work when i wired it directly to the ethernet port on the orbi but doesnt work when its in the internet port, my phones and tv has wifi accept for the laptop, its connected directly to a lan port on the telstra modem, i tryed to switch to wifi so i can log in netgear but its not working, ive dl the netgear app but it says incorrect wifi mobile router, this router is not supported by netgear app, i have loged in the past with my laptop to block some device from using my wifi but cant seem to do it now, keeps telling me to connect to the orbi wifi network

Message 6 of 10
VStarNinja
Aspirant

do i need a ethernet splitter? befor i had the cable connected to the orbi wifi roucter via the internet port, then a cable from the ethernet port on the wifi to my pc, i could log in then, should i buy a ethernet spitter? spit from my pc, 1 cable to modem and the other to wifi router internet port?

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

The isp modem connection needs to be conected to the Yellow internet port on the RBR. Even in AP mode. 

What is the model# of the new modem? 

Message 8 of 10
VStarNinja
Aspirant

sorry to waste you guys time, i solved the problem, i play abit of online games and trying to reduce the lag, i connected my pc direcly to the modem but i get no net, so i connected the pc to the orbi router via ethernet, the internet port is connected to the modem, i can log in now and block certain wifi users, i want to slow certain deviced but cant seem to do it, iam in Qos setup but its only showing me internet test, does anybody know how to do it? or should i just start a new topic?

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

QoS on Orbi is all automatic and mostly a Basic QoS from what I gather. Orbi doesn't have a more granual QoS UI for users to make configurations. 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7