× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108Ev3 Webinterface not working

Markpz
Aspirant

GS108Ev3 Webinterface not working

Hello,
after installing and registration eith the App, there is no possibilty to manage the switch. If I try to open thr webinterface with the default IP 192.168.0.239 it cannot be opened. Not on Safari, not on the computer. I am in the same network.
If i make a ping to the ip it answers with „62.155.242.160: Zielnetzerk nicht erreichbar.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Betreff: GS108Ev8 Webinterface not working

A good start would be following the NETGEAR ProSAFE Plus Switch Model GS108Ev3 Installation Guide 

With the switch connected to your network, specifically to one of the LAN ports of your routers, we would assume the router DHCP server would assign a valid IP config to the switch.

Any discovery App (being the Netgear Switch Discovery Tool, the Insight App, or the technically more challenging ProSafe Plus Configuration Utility, or checking the router for the new switch MAC address and the assigned IP address) does not matter - with DHCP form the router (with no crazy security is configured), it will have an IP address on the same IP subnet like the router and all your computers, mobiles, ... and you should be able to reach it using the Web browser.

With an off-line installation, typically when using wireless from the computer to the router and the Internet, but connecting the switch just to your local computer, you need to temporarily reconfigure that network adapter to an address in that very same subnet, like 192.168.0.123/24 255.255.255.0, default gateway .123, DNS lso to .123 - and disable any checks for the network config before applying. Now you should be able to call 192.168.0.210 to access the switch, and for example apply a satic IP config for your normal sunet.    

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Markpz
Aspirant

..in addition: I installed ProSafe + to configure. Switch can be found but not configured: „Switch and IP are not in the same subnet“
Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

A good start would be following the NETGEAR ProSAFE Plus Switch Model GS108Ev3 Installation Guide 

With the switch connected to your network, specifically to one of the LAN ports of your routers, we would assume the router DHCP server would assign a valid IP config to the switch.

Any discovery App (being the Netgear Switch Discovery Tool, the Insight App, or the technically more challenging ProSafe Plus Configuration Utility, or checking the router for the new switch MAC address and the assigned IP address) does not matter - with DHCP form the router (with no crazy security is configured), it will have an IP address on the same IP subnet like the router and all your computers, mobiles, ... and you should be able to reach it using the Web browser.

With an off-line installation, typically when using wireless from the computer to the router and the Internet, but connecting the switch just to your local computer, you need to temporarily reconfigure that network adapter to an address in that very same subnet, like 192.168.0.123/24 255.255.255.0, default gateway .123, DNS lso to .123 - and disable any checks for the network config before applying. Now you should be able to call 192.168.0.210 to access the switch, and for example apply a satic IP config for your normal sunet.    

Message 3 of 4
Markpz
Aspirant

Dear schumaku,

thank you very much for your explanation!

Solved!

I made a factory reset and now the switch got a correct IP Adress  and I can manage the switch!

It was my fault to  start the switch  without connection to my gateway.

Best reagrds,

Markus

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements