× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108PEv3 web GUI not reachable

DominikHoffmann
Aspirant

GS108PEv3 web GUI not reachable

I have set up a couple of GS108PEv3 switches on LANs for two different clients. I have configured them through their web GUIs. The problem is that after some time I can no longer access the GUI. The browser’s connection to the switch times out. The fix is to power-cycle the switch. It’s not a real solution, because I am rarely on site and have to be able to configure things through a VPN to my clients’ network.

Has anyone else see this problem?

P.S.: The latest firmware dates back to 2020. Both switches were bought recently: one in late 2022, the other in early 2023. I doubt that they are not on the latest firmware, which is Version 2.06.16.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS108PEv3 web GUI not reachable

A dhcp reservation can be sufficient. Trouble is the very basic dhcp client on these switches, if the dhcp server does not answer in time these dhcpdc fall back to the default IP, makes it cumbersome to be reached.

The switch discovery (on the very same subnet) does typically unveil the default LAN IP.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

What config was applied? A static fixed IP config or was there just a reservation done on a DHCP server?

Message 2 of 4
DominikHoffmann
Aspirant

I did a reservation on the DHCP server.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

A dhcp reservation can be sufficient. Trouble is the very basic dhcp client on these switches, if the dhcp server does not answer in time these dhcpdc fall back to the default IP, makes it cumbersome to be reached.

The switch discovery (on the very same subnet) does typically unveil the default LAN IP.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements