× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

HDXB101 compatible with newer models?

fast2406
Novice

HDXB101 compatible with newer models?

I've got an older pair of HDXB101 powerline adapters and need an extra one. Unfortunately they have been discontinued, so I was wondering if I can buy one of the newer models? Would they work together? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers
A.
Message 1 of 6
clithes
Prodigy

Re: HDXB101 compatible with newer models?

Newer adapters use a different technology and are not compatible. Your best bet is eBay, about £20 for a single unit last time I checked
Message 2 of 6
fast2406
Novice

I appreciate your reply - thank you. I couldn't find a HDXB101 on ebay so I was wondering if there is a list of 'older' versions that would be compatible? If I do a search for Netgear Powerline on ebay I find loads but unsure which one to pick ... any advice?

Cheers.
Message 3 of 6
clithes
Prodigy

Search HDX101, which is a single unit (the B in HDXB101 simply means you're buying a pair). Three or four on there right now
Message 4 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

http://support.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1125

How many Powerline adapters can I add to my network?

look at FAQ of it.. you will see the limited model will work.

this is related home plug protocol
Message 5 of 6
Fiber85
Aspirant

clithes wrote:
Search HDX101, which is a single unit (the B in HDXB101 simply means you're buying a pair). Three or four on there right now

But dear friends. I just had contact with Customer Technical Support. They verified this and told me that this model HDX101 will not be compatible with the new Powerline Homeplug adapters because the firmware is too old?
This is confusing me now? 😞
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7