× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How prevent connecting to neighbours powerline network?

toptenanon
Follower

How prevent connecting to neighbours powerline network?

How been using Netgear 200, and more recently 500, powerline networking plugs for a few years. Just this week my next door but one neighbours have got a Talk Talk YouView Box with powerline adaptors (D-link rebadged I think)

Is seriously interfering with my network which keeps connecting to their powerline network and broadband router.

Is there anyway to prevent this? Either in the netgear 200/500 products themselves? (Along the lines of wifi channels) Or by getting an electrician to do something to prevent connection to a different house? Is this a common problem with powerline? Would either of the standards (200 vs 500) likely to be less susceptible to this problem?

Thanks for help.

Message 1 of 3
fordem
Mentor

Re: How prevent connecting to neighbours powerline network?

Does no one read manuals anymore? Encryption/security - if you encrypt your powerline you won't connect to them.
Message 2 of 3
SamirD
Prodigy

Re: How prevent connecting to neighbours powerline network?

fordem wrote:
Does no one read manuals anymore? Encryption/security - if you encrypt your powerline you won't connect to them.
You can do this.

And you can also keep one connected to their network and use their Internet and disconnect yours. 😄
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7