Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Chrome error NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

JG5150
Follower

Chrome error NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

I keep getting a privacy error  NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID  when I try to log into my RN104 Nas unit.

I read the chrome certificate guide but can't for the life of me figure out how to export a certificate as there is no red x just a red ! triangle and a https with a red slash.  if I open the chrome HTTPS utility I have no idea of which one I should select and or the time to do trial and error.

I also tried the other options, disable AV, disabled chrome extentions  with no luck.

is there a generic certificate I can download edit and import?

Netgear should really have a better way to get around this issue online if you need to use a browser to enter the admin page.

J

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Chrome error NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

It's a self-signed certicate, so by definition it can't be verified.

Personally I just click-through. Chrome uses the native OS certificate store, so the details vary a bit by OS.

To save the cert using the current chrome browser, you click on the three dots on the far right, and choose deveioper tools.  Then choose security, then view certificate.  Then go to the details tab and you will see a copy-to-file option.  I believe Google intentionally makes this difficult.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: Chrome error NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

It's a self-signed certicate, so by definition it can't be verified.

Personally I just click-through. Chrome uses the native OS certificate store, so the details vary a bit by OS.

To save the cert using the current chrome browser, you click on the three dots on the far right, and choose deveioper tools.  Then choose security, then view certificate.  Then go to the details tab and you will see a copy-to-file option.  I believe Google intentionally makes this difficult.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements