Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCLOUD compatibility with Windows 10 build 10586

antond
Tutor

ReadyCLOUD compatibility with Windows 10 build 10586

I have just installed W10 build 10586 and it breaks the ReadyCLOUD client. It starts initializing but then quits. This seems to happen every time there is an update to W10. Every other program on my PC carries on working, but not ReadyCLOUD. When can we expect a verison of RC that works with the new W10? I don't like the insecurity of not automatically backing-up to my NAS box. Thanks for feedback.

Message 1 of 17

Accepted Solutions
antond
Tutor

My PC just did another Windows update this evening, the second update in a week, and you know what? The ReadyCloud client came back to life without me doing anything. Clearly something was fixed in the update that had killed RC. The version number of Windows 10 didn't change. It still says Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586, which explains a previous comment that says they had no problems. Why this build came in two parts is strange. Why didn't it all download in one go?

I am happy that things are back to normal, but unhappy that MS put out an update or an incomplete update that affected Netgear software in this way. I worked my way around it, by finding an alternative way of backing up, but it was annoying nonetheless.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 17

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyCloud compatibility with Windows 10 build 10586

I'm all in favor of backups - but want to point out that you don't have to use readycloud for that.  There are other tools that can be used to back your PC data up to the NAS.

That said, ReadyCloud should simply work of course.

Message 2 of 17
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you installed the latest version of the ReadyCLOUD client?

Message 3 of 17
antond
Tutor

I am running version 1.9.1249.412 installed on 12/12/2015. If that is not the latest version where can I get it? Thanks.

Message 4 of 17
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That is the latest version of the client.

Message 5 of 17
antond
Tutor

So what should I do now? Will an updated ReadyCloud client automatically download and install in the next few days?

Message 6 of 17
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi antond,

We will have to further investigate this issue that you encountered. Also, tell us the exact OS details of your PC.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 17
antond
Tutor

Here is a copy of my system info:

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version    10.0.10586 Build 10586
System Model    HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
System Type    x64-based PC
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    Insyde F.25, 29/05/2013
SMBIOS Version    2.7
Embedded Controller Version    56.50
BIOS Mode    UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer    Hewlett-Packard
Secure Boot State    On
PCR7 Configuration    Binding Not Possible
Locale    United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "10.0.10586.0"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    6.00 GB
Total Physical Memory    5.89 GB
Available Physical Memory    2.91 GB
Total Virtual Memory    7.52 GB
Available Virtual Memory    4.55 GB
Page File Space    1.63 GB
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions    Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions    Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware    No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection    Yes

Message 8 of 17
webZplus
Star

Hello, I have been having the same issue and have similiar versions of the programs Windows 10, version 1511, Build 10586.36 and ReadyCLOUD version 1.9.1249.412 - since these upgrades the ReadyCloud client is unable to connect locally, via cellular or external wi-fi connections, my ReadyNAS (NAS202) shows up as a network drive and I can connect to the drive with read/write access no problems over my local network, I can connect to the web version of ReadyCLOUD and access files remotely via this method if required. Luckily my old Windows 7 laptop with the old ReadyNAS remote client still chuggs away reliably - I would love to find a solution too 🙂 

Message 9 of 17
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi antond & webZplus,

Thank you for the details that you have provided. Still checking and trying to duplicate this issue that you've encountered.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 10 of 17
antond
Tutor

BTW, I have a RN314 with fully up-to-date firmware (6.4.1).

Message 11 of 17
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi antond & webZplus,

Please contact our support team and ask for a support ticket. I also sent you guys a PM.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 12 of 17
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

I am using ReadyCLOUD on 10586 and my application opens and I can look at connected NAS devices both VPN and Local.  
Maybe check in device manager on the status of your leafnet adapter and if your leafnet adapter is active and has a 5.x IP.

Message 13 of 17
antond
Tutor

My PC just did another Windows update this evening, the second update in a week, and you know what? The ReadyCloud client came back to life without me doing anything. Clearly something was fixed in the update that had killed RC. The version number of Windows 10 didn't change. It still says Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586, which explains a previous comment that says they had no problems. Why this build came in two parts is strange. Why didn't it all download in one go?

I am happy that things are back to normal, but unhappy that MS put out an update or an incomplete update that affected Netgear software in this way. I worked my way around it, by finding an alternative way of backing up, but it was annoying nonetheless.

Message 14 of 17
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi antond,

Thanks for the update @antond. I hope others who have experienced the same problem will receive the same Windows update and have their ReadyCLOUD access working again. Could you check the update history of your computer so you can share with us what kind of update that was?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 15 of 17
antond
Tutor

Microsoft issued a minor Cumulative Update for Windows 10 on 12th January that delivered a number of fixes and brought the release code up to Build 10586.63. As you will see from the linked story the update provided "several unspecified improvements", including security fixes. It seems that we will now have to get used to MS not fully explaning what their updates to W10 include if you are not in some 'insider' program.

Message 16 of 17
StephenB
Guru

@antond wrote:

It seems that we will now have to get used to MS not fully explaning what their updates to W10 include if you are not in some 'insider' program.

Indeed.  Updates are being delivered w/o warning or explanation.  

We've all become used to that with browsers, but I find it unsettling in the OS. 

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements