Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 212 device shows as offline

Stresco
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 212 device shows as offline

My READYNAS has been working up until this week. At first I was not able to write to the device and then it just stopped showing up on all my systems. When I opened the ReadyCLOUD link the device was there, but says that it is offline. I power cycled the device, all my computers and my phone and replaced the network cable. It still shows offline. If it click on Discover, the device pops up with a Manage button next to it. I click it, and it asks me to log in, but will not accept my NetGear credentials.

Checking the Support Section of this site, there is a link that says that ReadyCLOUD had an issue and I need to follow steps in the bulletin, but when I click that, the browser just hangs on that page.

Can someone please help?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Stresco
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS 212 device shows as offline

Well,

After some poking around in different location on the web, I was finally able to open the notice from Netgear that kept hanging up on me:

https://kb.netgear.com/000038517/Why-can-t-I-access-my-ReadyNAS-system-using-ReadyCLOUD

It was a simple fix - Log in using the IP address, use the default admin password, go to system and make sure that you are using the latest firmware, then go to cloud and turn on ReadyCLOUD. For whatever reason, the service got turned off... 😕

Thanks for reading, I hope this helps others.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Stresco
Aspirant

UPDATE - I was able to log directly into the device by IP address and use the "Default Password" to get in. It immediately asked me to update to the latest firmware, wich I did (6.7.3). After the reboot, I am able to see my folders if I am logged in through the IP address interface, but ReadyCLOUD still shows my device as offline, but I can "Discover" a new device and it shows up.

Any Advice?

Message 2 of 3
Stresco
Aspirant

Well,

After some poking around in different location on the web, I was finally able to open the notice from Netgear that kept hanging up on me:

https://kb.netgear.com/000038517/Why-can-t-I-access-my-ReadyNAS-system-using-ReadyCLOUD

It was a simple fix - Log in using the IP address, use the default admin password, go to system and make sure that you are using the latest firmware, then go to cloud and turn on ReadyCLOUD. For whatever reason, the service got turned off... 😕

Thanks for reading, I hope this helps others.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements