Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: server HTTP error: 409 - conflict (in ReadyCloud)

Kmalin15
Aspirant

server HTTP error: 409 - conflict (in ReadyCloud)

While trying to upload photos using the ReadyCloud app on IOS 11.2.6 iPhone 6s, I keep getting the error message listed in the subject.  I have the ReadyNAS 214 system.  2 Seagate NAS drives are installed and are set up as X-RAID.  I have seen another post listed on these forums that involve the same problem.  The solution in that post was to let Netgear know about it.  It also claims that the netgear team is working on it.  This was back in January 2018.  Does anyone know if there are any updates to this issue or how to fix it?  Thank you!

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

YeZ did mention the solution to this case. There is a hotfix that addresses the issue. The hotfixes are checked and applied every 24 hours, or it will check and apply 15 minutes after boot.

These hotfixes are specific to 6.9.3, so you will need to update to 6.9.3 before  the hotfixes will apply.

You could try the 6.9.4 firmware release that also includes the hotfix. If you are needing assistance beyond the hotfix (as YeZ suggested) you can contact us. The sending the logs it the better method to reach multiple NETGEAR community members with the "Attn:". The logs will help show whether the hotfix has been applied to your unit and other details that may show if there is a different area of the error that may have been overlooked.

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 15

All Replies
Kmalin15
Aspirant

I forgot to add, My firmware version for the ReadyNAS 214 is version 6.9.3

Message 2 of 15
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Kmalin15

Welcome to the Community!

May I ask your location? the issue seems to happen depending on the region you are in. Might be due to provider.

Support has available build that you may want to test. You wll just have to contact Support so they can assist you on obtaining it.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 3 of 15
Kmalin15
Aspirant

Long Island, NY. So far what seems to be working is when the error comes up, I create a new folder and it will upload a bunch more photos. So I keep making more and more folders, but at least it’s working.
Message 4 of 15
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Kmalin15

I would suggest contacting support they need this kind of information to better provide a resolution.

Regards

Message 5 of 15
Tman102
Aspirant

I am having the same problem Request failed: conflict (409) netgear have one problem after the other and am getting fed up

Message 6 of 15
Kmalin15
Aspirant

So, what I have been doing is backing up my photos on my iPhone with a usb stick that has the lightning adapter on it. You can get them reasonably on amazon. After dumping pictures on that, I plug the usb drive into my computer that is on the same network as the ReadyNAS, then drag and drop. No bs with the app messing up my backups. Then I can use the app for access to the pictures. This is my work around, I hope this helps. I wish the software writers could come up with a better app but hopefully in time they will.
Message 7 of 15
Tman102
Aspirant

Good idea Kamlin15 

These guys keep asking to contact support but support costs money!!! 

Just a scam by these guys if you ask me, get a cheap shoddy product out there and then never have a suitable update to sort problems!

I had a full office re-fit and not a netgear item in sight due to poor products!

I used to swear by them but no more!!! 

Message 8 of 15
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Tman102 @Kmalin15

Have you tried updating to Readycloud v2.0.1 and rebooting your phones?

v2.0.1 has been added on the App store and should resolve this issue.

Regards

Message 9 of 15
Tman102
Aspirant

Dear Marc_V, 

Thank you for your reply.

This was the update that caused the issuie in the first place! 

I have tried to restart phone but issuie still persists!

Any other ideas

Thanks

Tahir

Message 10 of 15
Kmalin15
Aspirant

I did update to 2.0.1 and that’s when my media backup got reset. I don’t want to back everything up again. I wish there were a way to select only what photos and files you want to Backup.
Message 11 of 15
Tman102
Aspirant

When are we going to get a resolution to this problem!

So frustrating

Message 12 of 15
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

Good news. We have found the root cause of this behavior and have a hot-fix that can apply to your NAS to validate the fix. The cause was due to iPhone X in non-default Camera filtering mode that would save pictures to be named as "FullSizeRender" and when uploading to NAS, we limit the renaming of the duplicated file up to 99 times. 

If you have run into this issue, please contact us at readycloud@netgear.com so we can help respond with the fix for you to validate. We will also try to private message you. 

Thank you. 

Message 13 of 15
KianSed
Aspirant

Hi,

I have the same issue! why do not you list the solution here so everybody can see it, instead of asking to contact readycloud@netgear.com?!?

Message 14 of 15
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

YeZ did mention the solution to this case. There is a hotfix that addresses the issue. The hotfixes are checked and applied every 24 hours, or it will check and apply 15 minutes after boot.

These hotfixes are specific to 6.9.3, so you will need to update to 6.9.3 before  the hotfixes will apply.

You could try the 6.9.4 firmware release that also includes the hotfix. If you are needing assistance beyond the hotfix (as YeZ suggested) you can contact us. The sending the logs it the better method to reach multiple NETGEAR community members with the "Attn:". The logs will help show whether the hotfix has been applied to your unit and other details that may show if there is a different area of the error that may have been overlooked.

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements