× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to: Upgrade Owncloud 6.0.0 to 7.0.2 on OS6

amc_oldsarge
Guide

How to: Upgrade Owncloud 6.0.0 to 7.0.2 on OS6

I wanted to upgrade to latest version of Owncloud and wanted to pass on what I learned in the process. (WARNING: This could break your owncloud/ReadyNAS. Assume I don't know anything about this stuff (I don't). If it breaks your server, I'm sorry! :oops: )

First, it's possible and relatively easy.

This is obviously an UPGRADE. Make sure you have OwnCloud already installed via FrontView (ReadyNAS management portal). If this is a fresh install, you'll want to get OwnCloud 6.0.0 installed via FrontView.

Backup your user directories. I don't *THINK* anything could/will be lost, but better safe than sorry!

Download the latest version of OldCloud: https://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-7.0.2.tar.bz2

Copy the file onto your ReadyNAS (Example: Documents)

SSH into your ReadyNAS. Login in using root for the username and your ReadyNAS admin password as password.

-Install bzip2 (Hit Y when prompted)

apt-get install bzip2

cd /tmp

cp /data/Documents/owncloud-7.0.2.tar.bz2 .

tar -xjf owncloud-7.0.2.tar.bz2

chown -R admin:admin owncloud

cd /apps/owncloud/web

-Delete everything from this directory except: data & config

-This is the command I used to delete file/directories (Example file is robots.txt)

rm -rf robots.txt

-You'll have to do this for every file/directory (Twenty-Four times in my case). :?
-I'm sure there is a better/safer/less tedious way, but it works!

cp -R /tmp/owncloud /apps/owncloud/web

-I had to reset the permissions on the apps folder after the move....

chown -R admin:admin /apps/owncloud/web/apps

Log into the OwnCloud Portal like you normally would and start the upgrade script.

Once it completes you should be on 7.0.2.

NOTE: In the Admin Panel you might get a WebDav error. I've found that if you use the FQDN (Ex: https://ReadyNAS.Example.com/owncloud ) of your server and not the IP address you won't get this error!
NOTE2: For whatever reason, the "InstantUpload" folder is not created automatically. If you are going to use that feature (automagically upload photos as you take them on your phone) you'll need to create that folder (via Windows Explorer) inside the profile you create for yourself and your users. They should be created under the Owncloud Share: Owncloud/User.Name/files/InstantUpload .
NOTE3: If you are using the Android App to sync to your ReadyNAS. After you setup the Android OwnCloud App (and get it working) reboot your phone. After the reboot, make sure that the Android OwnCloud App kept your settings. If it didn't search the PlayStore for Owncloud, tap more to show more choices and install the "ownCloud Jelly Bean Workaround". Do this even if you have a later version of Android, it will solve this bug, unless you get a kick out of resetting it up everytime you reboot your phone! :neener:

Good Luck!
Message 1 of 2
super_poussin
Virtuoso

Re: How to: Upgrade Owncloud 6.0.0 to 7.0.2 on OS6

7.0.1 is in my dropbox community part
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation