× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wordpress App

jurafex
Follower

Wordpress App

Hello,

is there a timetable for when the Wordpress App will be installable on OS 6.6.0 ?

Or is there a recipe how to install Wordpress and what it requires manually ?

Thanks for help.

Related posts:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Community-Add-ons/Community-app-compatibility-with-ReadyNAS-OS-6-6-...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Current-NETGEAR-and-Partners/Wordpress-App/m-p/1159114#M5841

Message 1 of 7
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Wordpress App

Hi jurafex,

Since word press is a 3rd party app, we do not have visibility as to when it will be available, normally the developers are asked to take action regarding incompatibility.

Were you having issues with the Wordpress found on one of the links that you have provided?

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
pepilot
Aspirant

I am unable to load the Wordpress from the link that is provided. When I upload it to the ReadyNAS, it gives me an error that the installation failed. Any ideas how to get it to install?

Thanks

Message 3 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

I've seen problems installing .deb packages that have something to do with the parameter passing of the browser,  If that's your problem, try another browser or clear your cache and exit/restart, then try again.

If that doesn't work, take a look at install_debpkg.log in the downloaded logs zip for additional clues.  If you see something that looks like dpkg: error processing /tmp/O:Readynasowncloud_8.1.3-rnx2_all.deb (--install): cannot access archive: No such file or directory, then it's the problem I'm talking about.  The underlined part is the path for the package, but it shouldn't be there.  This ia a real-life, happened-to-me example from an old log when I tried to install owncloud.  I switched to Chrome and it worked fine.

Message 4 of 7
pepilot
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion and tips for finding the debug log. I was using Chrome for the hinstall but this time tried Firefox. Same result. Here are the lines in the log that seem to tell me something. What it is telling me, I'm not sure. Any ideas?

Successfully installed dependencies for /tmp/wordpress_1.0.0_all.deb
Selecting previously unselected package wordpress.
(Reading database ... 17605 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack /tmp/wordpress_1.0.0_all.deb ...
Unpacking wordpress (1.0.0) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of wordpress:
 dpkg (1.17.27) breaks wordpress (<< 4.1+dfsg-1~) and is installed.
  Version of wordpress to be configured is 1.0.0.

dpkg: error processing package wordpress (--install):
 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
 wordpress

Thanks.
spooler returns spool_status=1 outbuf=(null) errbuf=(null) is_localapp=1 name=wordpress_1.0.0_all.deb pkgname=wordpress

Message 5 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

OK, so it is saying that the program that does the insatlling (dpkg) is not compatible with the .deb file.  That likely means that the .deb is too old, and likely not even for Debian Jessie, on which OS6.6.x is based.

You and go to https://pkgs.org/download/wordpress and get the latest .deb file for Debian Jessie (wordpress_4.1+dfsg-1+deb8u11_all.deb).  It will ubndoubtadly need to be configured via SSH, and maybe more done that way as well.  Otherwise, you will have to wait for the app author or somebody else to make a ReadyNAS-specific package.  That looks to be the same version of WordPress, but it specifically says "Deb8" for Debian V8 (aka Jessie).

Message 6 of 7
pepilot
Aspirant

Thanks for the help and suggestion. I went through SSH and got the latest version and was able to get it installed. I'm having some minor issues with the addin in themes and the FTP connection but expect I will get that sorted out. Thanks for the help and direction.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements