× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New version CouchPotato v2.04

dchristey
Aspirant

New version CouchPotato v2.04

There has been a new version of CouchPotato released which has updated a number of providers following the death of NZBMatrix, see here...

https://couchpota.to/updates/changelog.html

WhoCares? - Is this update in the pipeline?

Thanks,
Dan
Message 1 of 20
WhoCares_
Mentor

CouchPotato is self-updating. So either you tell it to upgrade to the latest version or you tell it to update automatically whenever there's a new version available (which iirc is the default).

-Stefan
Message 2 of 20
dchristey
Aspirant

The version you have is slightly different if I am not mistaken? Is it the server version you create?
Message 3 of 20
dchristey
Aspirant

Sorry if I am being a little thick here but I have tried to update CouchPotato through Settings > About > "Check for new version" but nothing seems to happen. It says the latest version I have is "Version 135b333" but when I check the providers tab nothing has been changed, which is on the contrary to what the v2.0.4 change-log suggests.

Am I missing something here?

Is the add-on edition different to the Windows/OSX download that is available on CouchPotatoApp.com?

Any help would be greatly received!
Message 4 of 20
WhoCares_
Mentor

What's the version of the CP add-on displayed under "Service" -> "Installed Add-Ons" on your ReadyNAS?

-Stefan
Message 5 of 20
TeknoJnky
Hero

WhoCares? wrote:
What's the version of the CP add-on displayed under "Service" -> "Installed Add-Ons" on your ReadyNAS?

-Stefan

I have the below version and am also getting the above message about v2, it seems that it won't/doesn't update from the previous version to v2.

v0.4.0.35-rnx86-0.2.7
Message 6 of 20
WhoCares_
Mentor

No, it doesn't. That's why the CP add-on has been updated to 2.0git quite some time ago.

-Stefan
Message 7 of 20
grummitt
Aspirant

The version on Readynasxtras (for x86) appears to be old.

I have downloaded and installed the current version - CouchPotato_0.4.0.35-rnx86-0.2.8.bin

In the addon, it states that it is version: 135b333 and on open it prompts that it needs to be updated to Couchpotato V2

It can't auto update to the latest version.
Message 8 of 20
WhoCares_
Mentor

grummitt wrote:
I have downloaded and installed the current version - CouchPotato_0.4.0.35-rnx86-0.2.8.bin

This is indeed an old version but I wonder how you managed to get to that. The current version is here: http://readynasxtras.com/readynas-x86-a ... potato-x86

-Stefan
Message 9 of 20
dchristey
Aspirant

WhoCares? wrote:

-Stefan

I have...

v2.0.git120915-rnsparc-0.4.0
Message 10 of 20
WhoCares_
Mentor

This is what I get when requesting CouchPotato's "Settings" page:

What happens on your install when you click on "Update to Latest"?

-Stefan
Message 11 of 20
dchristey
Aspirant

I don't have that page when I click "About" in fact it's white background and not a grey one like your screen grab suggests.
Message 12 of 20
WhoCares_
Mentor

I'll check.

-Stefan
Message 13 of 20
WhoCares_
Mentor

Just factory reset, installed Python and CP 2.0git. Went as expected: Took a long time to start up for it updated itself and now runs an even newer version than the one I posted before. Also has the grey background and all that. Can you please post the version of the Python add-on you're using and also try re-installing the CouchPotato add-on?

-Stefan
Message 14 of 20
dchristey
Aspirant

I have v2.6.6-rnsparc-0.3.3 of Python installed, will try re-installing CouchPotato tomorrow.
Message 15 of 20
grummitt
Aspirant

This is indeed an old version but I wonder how you managed to get to that. The current version is here: http://readynasxtras.com/readynas-x86-add-ons/couchpotato-x86

The Change log states that the latest version is 0.4.0 (2012-09-16). Is there an updated version since this?

I downloaded a copy on the 1st of October 2012, which was labelled "CouchPotato_0.4.0.35-rnx86-0.2.8.bin"

Is there a new release I have to repurchase?
Message 16 of 20
grummitt
Aspirant

Just discovered this thread: http://readynasxtras.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2474

Turns out I was given an old download link for the software.

I've sent the site admin an email, so hopefully I'll be able to update 🙂
Message 17 of 20
lobbie1978
Tutor

dchristey wrote:
I have v2.6.6-rnsparc-0.3.3 of Python installed, will try re-installing CouchPotato tomorrow.

Couchpotato v.2 requires Python 2.7. You should upgrade to Python 2.7 first! See here: http://readynasxtras.com/readynas-sparc-add-ons/couchpotato-sparc

For this add-on to work,the Python add-on has to be installed first!
Message 18 of 20
Wutse
Aspirant

Hy there 🙂

a friend take a Synology NAS with the same version of Couchpotato :

Version 393c14de5466497eb51d10bfe1f65febad658535 (Mon, 07 Jan 2013 21:12:08 GMT)
Updater source
ID 2507

in his version, we found the searcher named "Binsearch" but in mine, there is not.

How can we explain this difference ?
Message 19 of 20
Wutse
Aspirant

Hy,

For information, There is a new version of Couchpotato since yesterday (23/01/2013)

Version 7c59348138b1734ab5eed3887e1ee93a70274f3f (mercredi 23 janvier 2013 21:54:29)
Updater source, master
ID 31397
Message 20 of 20
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements