Répondre

configurer un r6900 en mode répéteur sur un netgear r7200

Real2101
Tutor

configurer un r6900 en mode répéteur sur un netgear r7200

Hello, I replaced my r6900 router with a more recent r7200 but I would like to use my r6900 in repeater mode to extend the reach to my garage.
There is a function in advanced configuration of the r6900 to configure it and enter the mac address of the router r7200 which serves as a base but it is not available in the r7200
I think I have to configure my r7200 as an access point
Could you explain to me the correct way to configure them, thanks

Bonjour, j'ai remplacer mon routeur r6900 par un r7200 plus recent mais j'aimerais utiliser mon r6900 en mode repeater pour étendre la porté a mon garage.

Il y as une fonction dans configuration avancé du r6900 pour le configurer et entrer l'adresse mac du router r7200 qui sert de base mais c'est pas disponible dans le r7200 

Je crois que je doit configurer mon r7200 en point d'acces

Pourriez vous m'expliquer la bonne façon de les configurer, merci

Message 1 sur 9

Solutions approuvées

Re: configurer un r6900 en mode répéteur sur un netgear r7200

@Real2101 wrote:

but it must surely have a way to configure it, ....

I'm afraid there is no "surely" about it.

If the manual for the R7200 doesn't describe it, then it won't work.

You may be able to find third party firmware that breaks Netgear's rules.

Over the years Netgear has played with different approaches to which routers do and don't offer various bridge/repeater options. If anything it has reduced the number of routers with these "exotic" configuration options.Things like Mesh technology exist to provide better wifi coverage over an area.

AP mode is pretty well the only constant in Netgear routers and DSL modem/routers, something that cable modem/routers can't handle without messing around.

One way to repurpose spare routers is to resort to Powerline Ethernet and AP mode. Given the right circumstances, especially a decent mains circuit, it could even be better than any mode that relies on a WiFi link back to the router.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

Message 9 sur 9

Toutes les réponses
microchip8
Master

NETGEAR firmware does not support Repeater mode.
Message 2 sur 9

The R6900 and R7200 both support WiFi Bridge mode.

Message 3 sur 9
microchip8
Master

Repeater != Bridge
Message 4 sur 9

@microchip8 wrote:
Repeater != Bridge

No, but it might help @Real2101 to achieve what they want.

People have been known to confuse things, and even to find that there are other ways of getting where they want t be.

It is always useful to provide as much information as possible.

Message 5 sur 9
Real2101
Tutor

yes the r6900 model has the function in the advance options but not the r7200, I want to know how to configure the r7200 so that it sees the r6900 in repeater mode, I want to repeat the wifi, as a bridge, we can use the wired ports

Message 6 sur 9
schumaku
Guru

@Real2101 wrote:

yes the r6900 model has the function in the advance options but not the r7200, I want to know how to configure the r7200 so that it sees the r6900 in repeater mode, I want to repeat the wifi, as a bridge, we can use the wired ports

This does make a WiFi client out of the R6900, and allows to bridge the R6900 LAN ports to the other network. This won't make a wireless repeater where you can also associate WiFi clients to.

Message 7 sur 9
Real2101
Tutor

Look in the user manual of the r6900 page 179 and you will understand what I want to do, I have already done it with two r7000 and it is easy, only enter the mac address of the repeater in the router of which serves as a base and that of the base mac address in the repeater, but on the r7200 the function is not there but it must surely have a way to configure it, Both have their firmware up to date

Message 8 sur 9

@Real2101 wrote:

but it must surely have a way to configure it, ....

I'm afraid there is no "surely" about it.

If the manual for the R7200 doesn't describe it, then it won't work.

You may be able to find third party firmware that breaks Netgear's rules.

Over the years Netgear has played with different approaches to which routers do and don't offer various bridge/repeater options. If anything it has reduced the number of routers with these "exotic" configuration options.Things like Mesh technology exist to provide better wifi coverage over an area.

AP mode is pretty well the only constant in Netgear routers and DSL modem/routers, something that cable modem/routers can't handle without messing around.

One way to repurpose spare routers is to resort to Powerline Ethernet and AP mode. Given the right circumstances, especially a decent mains circuit, it could even be better than any mode that relies on a WiFi link back to the router.

Message 9 sur 9
Auteurs les plus complimentés
Statistiques de discussion
  • 8 réponses
  • 2331 visites
  • 0 compliments
  • 4 en conversation