× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to Find Network Security key

wingspar
Tutor

How to Find Network Security key

This is a model Nighthawk AC1900 Model R6900P

I just bought a new Win 10 computer. I can not set it up because it keeps asking for Network Security Key. I have no idea what this is or how to find it. Everything I have written down does not work. What is this key and how do I find it?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
wingspar
Tutor

Re: How to Find Network Security key

I finally figured it out. I was using the numbers keyboard on the right side of the keyboard. I finally noticed that when I used the numbers keys, the curser would jump back to the beginning and the numbers would get typed at the front instead of the end. This is because the “Num Lock” key was on. As soon as I discovered that, the security key was accepted. I had the security key written down, but because of the “Num Lock” button, it wasn’t working and I was beginning to wonder if the security key was something other than what I had written down. All working fine now. Dunce cap on.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

@wingspar wrote:

I can not set it up because it keeps asking for Network Security Key.

What keeps asking?

Windows 10? WiFi link? Wired connection?

The "Network Security Key" is probably the WiFi password on the label on your R6900P.

michaelkenward_0-1678532332630.png

If possible, use a wired connection t the PC. More stable, more reliable, easier to set up and probably faster.

Message 2 of 3
wingspar
Tutor

I finally figured it out. I was using the numbers keyboard on the right side of the keyboard. I finally noticed that when I used the numbers keys, the curser would jump back to the beginning and the numbers would get typed at the front instead of the end. This is because the “Num Lock” key was on. As soon as I discovered that, the security key was accepted. I had the security key written down, but because of the “Num Lock” button, it wasn’t working and I was beginning to wonder if the security key was something other than what I had written down. All working fine now. Dunce cap on.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7