× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Locked out of my Netgear Router

MaxiBelas
Follower

Locked out of my Netgear Router

Chrome typically saves my passwords, but for some reason it won't work for my router. The security questions aren't working either. I went to their website and you can only get support by registering (apparently) or paying them $50, but it says I have already registered. I'm just trying to download the recent security update.

Does anyone know what they require for their passwords (Special characters, caps, and all that)? I can't figure this out and Netgear's "support" is pretty useless. Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Locked out of my Netgear Router

1. what router do you have? 

2. you don't need to register to download firmware updates. go to netgear.com/support/   type in your actual model number. it'll take you to manuals, firmware, etc. you can download it from there. 

3. If you don't know the log password to the router and don't know the security questions (or didn't set them up, it still asks but there isn't a correct answer), then you'd need to factory reset to get back in. Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while its powered on. that should get you back to the defaults. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series