× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N150- WNR1000 v3 port forwarding

TCryptid
Aspirant

N150- WNR1000 v3 port forwarding

Need to do some port forwarding on my N150- WNR1000 v3 for one of the games on my Nintendo switch, but have no idea how I know the TCP is 80, 443 and the UDP is 3074. I have no clue what to put in for external starting and ending port or the internal starting and ending port.
Message 1 of 8

Re: N150- WNR1000 v3 port forwarding

@TCryptid wrote:
Need to do some port forwarding on my N150- WNR1000 v3 for one of the games on my Nintendo switch

Your WNR1000v3 dates from 2010, with the V1 in  2009. It may be that your 14-year old device isn't up to the job. For help on what it can do, check the manual.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

But first go back and explain what you really need to do. Why do you "to do some port forwarding"? What problem is it supposed to fix?

There are many reports here from people who turn up asking for help on how to tweak a router without explaining why. Describe what is happening that you want to sort out and maybe someone will have better, and easier, ways of getting there.

By the way, if your Internet technology is anything like newer a services it may be a lot slower than your Internet service provider is delivering. You router is stuck with 100 Mbps for connections to and from the internet. If you are paying for more than that you are wasting money. And the WiFi is limited to 2.4 GHz.

Nothing wrong with being slow, but worth bearing in mind.

Message 2 of 8
TCryptid
Aspirant

Specifically I bought a copy of Just Dance 2023 for my nintendo switch
recently in order to get the full experience it requires internet connectivity. I've had no issues connectivity to the internet on my over games however this one seems to be particularly stubborn. One of the suggested solutions is to forward ports, but nothing I've tried seems to work.
Message 3 of 8

@TCryptid wrote:
I've had no issues connectivity to the internet on my over games however this one seems to be particularly stubborn.

What happens when you try to use it? Any heplful error messages or prompts?

You are not the first person to grapple with this program:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – "Just Dance"

One of the suggested solutions is to forward ports, but nothing I've tried seems to work.

Did that suggestion come from the people who wrote the software?

Message 4 of 8
TCryptid
Aspirant

Anytime I try to start up a song I get an error saying Connection Timeout disconnected from network. The suggestion to forward ports came directly from Ubisoft when I tried searching for a solution online.
Message 5 of 8

What is the modem/gateway/ONT in front of this ancient router?

Message 6 of 8
TCryptid
Aspirant

The WNR1000V3 is plugged into a Comtrend VR-3030, but that's all I know.
Message 7 of 8

@TCryptid wrote:
The WNR1000V3 is plugged into a Comtrend VR-3030, but that's all I know.

That looks like some sort of DSL modem/router.

That complicates matters because you have two routers on our network. Hard to know which one would handle things like port forwarding.

Two routers on your network can cause other headaches. For example, you can end up with local address problems. Among other things, the other router can misdirect addresses that the Netgear router usually handles, such as routerlogin.net or the usual IP address for a router, 192.168.1.1.

This explains some of the other drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

It may be possible to put the modem/router into modem only (bridge) mode and then to use the second device as the router. Sometimes it is easier to put the second router into AP mode. But that has its own drawbacks:

Disabled Features on the Router when set to AP Mode | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7