× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR N600 Wireless Dual Band Router

GerardP
Aspirant

NETGEAR N600 Wireless Dual Band Router

I took delivery on the router last week. When I use the serial number printed on the product (checked & rechecked) to register the product, I get the following message: “This serial number is already registered to another customer. Please email NETGEAR support …” I – Which I did, so far no response. Also, at Step 6 of the setup instructions, using http://routerlogin.net , on Windows 10, the user name (Wfi Netwok (SSID)) and password (Network Key) printed on the product are not recognized by the server. Any ideas for what to do next? Thank You

Model: WNDR3400v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: NETGEAR N600 Wireless Dual Band Router

Sounds like you bought a used/refurbed unit.

Registering isn't exactly needed as it enables access to support/warranty. Which i doubt that device has since its was made in 2014. Originally in 2010.  Paying for support for it at this time would be more expensive than that router. 

You can get it back to factory settings. While its powered on, push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds. The lights should flash. this should get you back to stock and then you can go through and set it up.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WNDR3400v3 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Sounds like you bought a used/refurbed unit.

Registering isn't exactly needed as it enables access to support/warranty. Which i doubt that device has since its was made in 2014. Originally in 2010.  Paying for support for it at this time would be more expensive than that router. 

You can get it back to factory settings. While its powered on, push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds. The lights should flash. this should get you back to stock and then you can go through and set it up.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WNDR3400v3 

Message 2 of 4

@plemans wrote:

Which i doubt that device has since its was made in 2014. Originally in 2010. 

So old that, according to Netgear's manual for this device, not always the most reliable source of information, the LAN and WAN support only 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX.

That makes it slower than many newer internet services and most modern network hardware. This may not matter, but be warned that it will hobble you if you ever sign up for faster Internet. It also slows down whatever is going on in your local network. Newer devices support 1000BASE-TX.

Nothing wrong with it being old, just don't expect too much. It certainly won't come with a warranty or free support.

Message 3 of 4
GerardP
Aspirant

The response to my issue was a clear clue that led me to returning the router to the vendor. Thank You

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7