× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6080 Access Point remote access

Jump177
Aspirant

R6080 Access Point remote access

Hi!

I am using my R6080 as an AP.  Is there a way to configure remote management so that I can reboot the device remotely?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: R6080 Access Point remote access

@Jump177 wrote:

I am using my R6080 as an AP. 

Disabled Features on the Router when set to AP Mode | Answer | NETGEAR Support

By the way, even in AP mode the R6080 will slow down your network.

According to Netgear's manual for this device, not always the most reliable source of information, the LAN and WAN ports support only 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX. That makes it slower than many newer internet services and most modern network hardware. This may not matter to you, but be warned that it will hobble you if you ever sign up for faster Internet, anything faster than 100 Mbps is a waste of your money.

It connects to your router at 100 Mbps, so that will be the fastest that you can get through any wifi clients that connect through it.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Not in AP mode.

Why is a reboot needed? 

Message 2 of 4

@Jump177 wrote:

I am using my R6080 as an AP. 

Disabled Features on the Router when set to AP Mode | Answer | NETGEAR Support

By the way, even in AP mode the R6080 will slow down your network.

According to Netgear's manual for this device, not always the most reliable source of information, the LAN and WAN ports support only 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX. That makes it slower than many newer internet services and most modern network hardware. This may not matter to you, but be warned that it will hobble you if you ever sign up for faster Internet, anything faster than 100 Mbps is a waste of your money.

It connects to your router at 100 Mbps, so that will be the fastest that you can get through any wifi clients that connect through it.

Message 3 of 4
Jump177
Aspirant

This is great info, thank you!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements