× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Reset password for 2.4ghz, cannot connect. Wifi 5 is fine (AC1750 Smart Wifi Router)

marymaryk
Follower

Reset password for 2.4ghz, cannot connect. Wifi 5 is fine (AC1750 Smart Wifi Router)

Hello, I am having issues connecting to my default wifi (2.4 GHz). I have renamed the network names of both my Netgear Wifi 5 GHz and Netgear Wifi 2.4 GHz, however I can only connect to the 5 GHz with my password. The password does not work with my 2.4 GHz, I have tried using the 5 GHz password and the preset Network Key Password my router came with, and neither work. I am wondering if anyone knows how to reset their wifi password (for just the 2.4 GHz, or if that's not possible, to both the 5 and 2.4). 

I have the NETGEAR AC1750 Smart Wifi Router (R6350). 

Thank you for any response! 

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
wcalifas
Prodigy

Re: Reset password for 2.4ghz, cannot connect. Wifi 5 is fine (AC1750 Smart Wifi Router)

Does that happen with only one device or all devices? you might want to try and go to the settings of your device and click where it says "forget" this network but again don't know what device you're using.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7