× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router Security Issue/No Security for working internet only. Firmware Version: V1.0.1.24_1.0.67

WonTon96
Follower

Router Security Issue/No Security for working internet only. Firmware Version: V1.0.1.24_1.0.67

I have a NETGEAR router that has been working fine on the WPA2 (AES) Security setting for a couple of years ago; the internet worked and everything was ok until one day I accidentally clicked on reboot router from the Netgear App on my phone thinking it would refresh the router into working better. I was wrong, when I rebooted the router it took everyone who was connected to the internet off and after the reboot was done and it turned back on, I couldn’t connect using our password we always use. We figured out a way by using a computer to connect to the router by using the router's address and trying to fix it from there. Unfortunately, the only way to have everyone connect to the internet was to set the security to NONE. There was no other option because every time we’d use our regular secure password with the router, it never works and we also tried switching to different security settings but that did nothing either. Now, it’s been a whole year and to this day, I am still using the same router to connect to the internet with no security. Ever since then everything has been slow and sometimes the internet would go in and out and in the middle of a meeting, I would have to reconnect my internet for it to work again. My daughter just started school and it’s been hard lately. Please help. I originally posted this on Apple Community but then told me to go here. Also forgot to mention both 2.4 and 5 GHz Wifi available for my router and neither work with any security option available. Both only work if I set the security to NONE.
Model: WNDR3400v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 2
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Router Security Issue/No Security for working internet only. Firmware Version: V1.0.1.24_1.0.67

Hi WonTon96,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

First of all, we do apologize for the inconvenience of not getting back to you immediately due to the backlog in the system. Are you still having the issue? What is the model of your router? Have you tried downgrading or reflashing the firmware of the router? If not yet please do so. After you downgrade or reflash the firmware, please reset the router and set it up again.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7