× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ac1750 firmware update

OhFudge
Follower

ac1750 firmware update

So product mgt didn't think this through.   Have a new AC1750 to replace existing cable modem.   The Setup will not complete due to older firm ware, but you cannot update the firmware with the nighthawk app because you are not connected to the internet.   If you connect your android to a working network you cannot download the firmware update because your Modem router is not functioning due to outdated firmware.  

Any solution here?

Wish I could send this back for a refund.

Message 1 of 3
Kitsap
Master

Re: ac1750 firmware update

@OhFudge wrote:

So product mgt didn't think this through.   Have a new AC1750 to replace existing cable modem.   The Setup will not complete due to older firm ware, but you cannot update the firmware with the nighthawk app because you are not connected to the internet.   If you connect your android to a working network you cannot download the firmware update because your Modem router is not functioning due to outdated firmware.  

Any solution here?

Wish I could send this back for a refund.

To start off with, you need to provide the full model number of your new cable modem/router.  AC1750 is a marketing label and there is more than one.  Please look on the nameplate on the back of your device.  Possibly it starts with a C.

Is your new cable modem/router on the list of approved devices for your ISP?  Who is your ISP?

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: ac1750 firmware update

Is this a modem/router combo device? An actual model number helps.

If so, set it up using the browser and not the app. Works faster/better in my opinion. 

Also, did you get it provisioned by your isp? Might have to call them to do so

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7