× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readyshare does not work with ventura

josh31
Aspirant

Hello,
I have a problem installing the utility correctly on Mac OS 13 Ventura.
I tried with version 3.1
I perform the installation, the installation utility asks me to restart, I restart.
At startup, I allow readyshare to run from the Mac OS security settings.
Readyshare then tells me that the installation is incomplete.

I have tried several times, with no result.

I know this was posted before, but no solution was given yet. When can we expect an updated readyshare utility to work?

Setup: macbook 2022

Message 1 of 7
josh31
Aspirant

After installation of readyshare on macbook, OS: ventura I get error message that installation is incomplete.

Result is that readyshare does not work and therefor unable to recognise any usb printer attached to my router.

Anybody has the solution for this?

Message 2 of 7

Re: readyshare does not work with ventura

Message 3 of 7
josh31
Aspirant

Thanks for a referral, but of course i checked this already. Do you also have referral to actual solution?

Message 4 of 7

@josh31 wrote:

Thanks for a referral, but of course i checked this already. Do you also have referral to actual solution?

You didn't say that you had searched for solutions. (Many people don't.) Anything on the subject is likely to be there. If it offers no clues that you can pursue, then there probably isn't much relevant expertise here.

Apple is famous for changing things in unexplained ways that have unfortunate knock-on affects. The only people who can help are probably Apple experts, who are thin on the ground here.

Apple broke your ReadySHARE access. And Netgear hasn't done anything to update ReadySHARE in quite some time.

Message 5 of 7
josh31
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. Understood, but this also means that none of the newer netgear routers will work with apple and readyshare since all new routers use the same readyshare app. I hoped it would be interest of netgear as well to get this solved.

Thanks in any case.

Message 6 of 7

@josh31 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Understood, but this also means that none of the newer netgear routers will work with apple and readyshare since all new routers use the same readyshare app.

Many newer routers do not support ReadySHARE. Orbi never has. MK (Mesh) routers don't either.

I hoped it would be interest of netgear as well to get this solved.

You could try a direct approach to Netgear support. This is essentially user-to-user support, with not many active Mac users.

Netgear always has a hard time with Apple. It never did manage to get all of its newer USB wifi adapters to work.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7