× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6100 Wireless Adapter not Connecting to 5GHz WiFi Router

Florida3
Aspirant

A6100 Wireless Adapter not Connecting to 5GHz WiFi Router

I have a Netgear Nighthawk AX12 RAX102v2 router. My computer will only pick up 2.4 GHz, and I am having trouble with interference, so I purchased the AC600 WiFi adapter in order to connect over 5.0 GHz. If I install the adapter using the Standalone exe file, my network list does not show the 5.0 GHz at all. If I try to connect using the adapter software, it sees the 5.0 GHz, but it will not connect to it. It keeps connecting to the 2.4GHz instead. 

Message 1 of 4

Re: A6100 Wireless Adapter not Connecting to 5GHz WiFi Router

Which version of Windows? Do you have all the latest drivers for your PC's USB chips?

@Florida3 wrote:

If I install the adapter using the Standalone exe file, my network list does not show the 5.0 GHz at all.

Is that in Windows networking?

Message 2 of 4
Florida3
Aspirant

I am running Windows 10, and all of my drivers are up to date.

Yes, when I run Standalone it does not show the 5.0 GHz in Windows Network and Sharing Center or in the bottom-right of my screen, where the WiFi symbol is.

When I use the non-Standalone this is the message that I receive when I try to connect to the 5.0 GHz. Sometimes it just fails and other times it fails and then hooks up to the 2.4 GHz.

Thank you for responding!

Florida3_1-1688132336068.png

Message 3 of 4

@Florida3 wrote:

I am running Windows 10, and all of my drivers are up to date.

Yes, when I run Standalone it does not show the 5.0 GHz in Windows Network and Sharing Center or in the bottom-right of my screen, where the WiFi symbol is.

Don't forget that with the RAX120 – there is no such thing as the RAX102v2 in your message – unless you have disabled Smart Connect you won't see separate SSIDs for 2.4 and 5.0 GHz. They share the same SSID.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series