× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using A6100 usb wifi adapter as hotspot antenna with windows 10, no longer works

ALPHAstrike33
Follower

Using A6100 usb wifi adapter as hotspot antenna with windows 10, no longer works

To bring wifi to my phone I realized i could use the hotspot feature of windows 10. my pc does not have a wifi card so I bought the netgear A6100, I installed the drivers and everything worked flawlessly for months until a few weeks ago when I suddenly could not connect to the hotpot using the A6100 as an antenna. My phone can connect to other wifi networks but no phone can connect to this one now. I tried modifiying the network to have a static ip. this fixed the obtaining ip address... problem but now it shows up with connected, no internet.

Please help as this is my primary way of using my phones internet capabilities.

Model: A6100|WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 2

Re: Using A6100 usb wifi adapter as hotspot antenna with windows 10, no longer works

Was there a Windows update that might have caused this? (Which version of Windows is this?)

Does your A6100 still connect to whatever wifi source is it uses?

Out of interest, can't you connect your phone to whatever wifi source the A6100 connects to?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7