× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

4 blinking lights

Irish_Adm1N
Initiate

4 blinking lights

Does anyone know what it means when a port light blinks slowly 4 to 6 times (hard to keep count), then it just shuts off completely?  This behavior is the same when I move to a different port.  It must mean something.

I tested this cable with a tester and it tested fine, no issues.  Just curious what the blinking port light codes mean.

Model: GS316|16 Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Irish_Adm1N
Initiate

Re: 4 blinking lights

I found the issue -

I had 4 Ubiquiti M5's connecting to this shed.

On the wall, coming into the building I put a ProSafe GS105 switch.  I then ran a CaT cable to a GS316 switch (NON prosafe).   For whatever reason, the UDP packets the Meraki needed to communicate on didn't flow correctly between those two switches.   I hooked the Meraki directly to the GS105 and it fired right up.  Took some testing to figure that out.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Irish_Adm1N,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

There is no blinking port LED light codes on the GS316 switch.  Kindly answer the questions below: 

a. What devices are directly connected to the GS316?

b. Are you using CAT5e or CAT6 cables? 

c. Have you tried to change the ethernet cables?  If not yet, kindly try it and observe.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Irish_Adm1N
Initiate

I found the issue -

I had 4 Ubiquiti M5's connecting to this shed.

On the wall, coming into the building I put a ProSafe GS105 switch.  I then ran a CaT cable to a GS316 switch (NON prosafe).   For whatever reason, the UDP packets the Meraki needed to communicate on didn't flow correctly between those two switches.   I hooked the Meraki directly to the GS105 and it fired right up.  Took some testing to figure that out.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements