× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS316 switch stop working from time to time

ReneLegault
Follower

GS316 switch stop working from time to time

From time to time, my unmanaged switch needs to be turn off/on to restore my ethernet/internet connection to my computers. My network is setup that I use my Internet Provider Modem as a pass through with my ASUS WiFi Router setup in PPOE momde to establish the internet connection. Then, the router provides the ethernet connection via the GS316 switch to all my devices inside my house (computers, smart TVs, video game consoles, etc.). Is there a way to troubleshoot my connection so I can find out where or what is my problem? The only fix right now is to power down and up the switch.

Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS316 switch stop working from time to time

@ReneLegault,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Try to replace the ethernet cable connecting the router and the GS316.  Make sure also that the ethernet cables are properly inserted.  

For a hardware check, I advise you to access the GS316 product support page here then click on the Guided Assistance button and follow the online procedure.  If ever your GS316 has been proven faulty an online replacement will be processed for as long as within the hardware warranty. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements