× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear GS116LP

FEN436
Follower

Netgear GS116LP

I'm not sure if anyone here can help?

I had the above model and it failed during the warranty period.

Netgear recently supplied a replacement unit (different serial number)

It failed after three weeks.

I have a switch working, I use as a backup. (Not a Netgear Unit)

I used it during the Netgear failures.

Here is the question. Is the failed replacement unit covered under the Normal Netgear Warranty.

The reason I ask is because Netgear changed the purchase date of the replacement unit. To the purchase date of the first unit. This is in fact false and not the purchase date as it was a replacement unit provided 3/4 weeks ago.

I found this information on the changed date under Mynetgear.

Thanks, any advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Netgear GS116LP

If Netgear is providing a warranty exchange replacement unit, the original date is retained, no matter how many times and when the units was replaced, the total warranty period is not extended. The warranty time starts with the date of sales.

FMI: LIMITED HARDWARE WARRANTY 

Some of the essential warranty details are on the 8-port and 16-port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged PoE/PoE+ Switches GS108LP, GS108PP, GS116LP, GS116PP D...  • Lifetime Warranty* plus lifetime online support and lifetime Next Business Day (NBD) replacement - for most markets

Power Adapter Warranty 2-years
Technical Support 90 days of free technical support

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: Netgear GS116LP

If Netgear is providing a warranty exchange replacement unit, the original date is retained, no matter how many times and when the units was replaced, the total warranty period is not extended. The warranty time starts with the date of sales.

FMI: LIMITED HARDWARE WARRANTY 

Some of the essential warranty details are on the 8-port and 16-port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged PoE/PoE+ Switches GS108LP, GS108PP, GS116LP, GS116PP D...  • Lifetime Warranty* plus lifetime online support and lifetime Next Business Day (NBD) replacement - for most markets

Power Adapter Warranty 2-years
Technical Support 90 days of free technical support

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements