× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

1000 blinking blue light - reset

hezner1
Tutor

1000 blinking blue light - reset

I have an older ReadyNAS 1000 unit which I have been using only as a backup destination for home folders on another ReadyNAS box.  We had to power all equipment off yesterday for some electrical work in our office.  When I powered everything back on, the 1000 shows fast blue blink on the power LED and blinking NIC cards.  I cannot log into the admin panel and it is not visilble in RAIDar.  I had to use the power switch on the back to reboot it but no change, I have powered it off via rear switch, removed all the drives, and powered it back on but still have the blue blink and still can't see it in RAIDar nor do I get any "no disk" message.  I have powered it off, put the disks back in one at a time and repeated procedure with same results.  I have unplugged the NIC cords and rebooted with same results.  When It was powered on with all the drives in and NIC cables plugged in I have tried pushing the reset pin hole hoping it would reinstall the OS but no LED blinks (other than the blue power LED) and no indication that pushing the reset button did anything at all.   Since I still have access to the home folders on the other NAS and have a backup  the backup folder from the 1100 on another device I am not worried about losing the data on the 1100 drives. 

Can I assume that this most probably is a chasis problem?  Or would it be worthwhile to try a USB OS reinstall?  I don't want to waste time if it is truely dead but would like to make use of it still if there is something relatively straight forward that I can do to get the hardware working again.  Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts.  

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: 1000 blinking blue light - reset

How to interpret the LED codes is here: ReadyNAS-LED.pdf .  Power button alone fast blinking is Normal BIOS boot, this stage should not last for longer than 30 seconds. Otherwise, try re-seat SODIMM or replace SODIMM. If it still does not work, perform NAND recovery. If NAND recovery does not go through or does not solve problem, PSU is in question.

NAND recovery is another term for a USB recovery, which is likely what you need.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

How to interpret the LED codes is here: ReadyNAS-LED.pdf .  Power button alone fast blinking is Normal BIOS boot, this stage should not last for longer than 30 seconds. Otherwise, try re-seat SODIMM or replace SODIMM. If it still does not work, perform NAND recovery. If NAND recovery does not go through or does not solve problem, PSU is in question.

NAND recovery is another term for a USB recovery, which is likely what you need.

Message 2 of 4
hezner1
Tutor

Sandshark, Thank you for the quick response.  Yes, the blinking lasted over night so is more than just the usual boot up.  I'll try to reseat the SODIMM and depending on how that goes move on to NAND recovery.  Will check back after I've had  chance to work on this.   Take care. 

Message 3 of 4
hezner1
Tutor

I have not had a chance to try Sandshark's suggestion yet as I have other deadlines.  I'll come back with another reply when I (finally) get back to this.  Thank you

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements