× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backup configuration GUI adding extra "/" in file path in ReadyNAS OS 6.10.6

Backup configuration GUI adding extra "/" in file path in ReadyNAS OS 6.10.6

I don’t remember the exact update that caused this issue, but since at least 6.10.4 I have been having an issue with the rsync back-up configuration GUI adding an extra “/” to the file path.

The instructions on the GUI list to add the address for the Backup Destination Path. If I follow the format I am finding it is saving my entry into the GUI as [remote:rsync+ssh]/IPAddress://data/[File Path]/

The problem is, it only lets me save if I put “/” in front of the path leaded to a doubled // in saved configuration path. If I test without adding “/” in front of the path it works, but won’t save.

Correct Path Test:

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 10.44.42 AM.png

When I click “Apply” I get an error:

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 10.44.57 AM.png

The GUI wants me to “fix” the working path to add a “/” before data/[file path]

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 10.45.06 AM.png

So if I add the add a “/” before data/[file path] to get /data/[file path] it will let me save the file path.

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 10.45.12 AM.png

But then if I test the connection:

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 10.45.19 AM.png

It is now not able to connect with the extra “\” added.

The GUI won’t let me create a new one without the extra “\” in the file path either…

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 10.45.26 AM.png

Older versions of OS 6 used to give this error when setting it up originally, but then you could edit it on in the initial set-up screen to make it work where as now the error check also flags it here and won’t let you save it.

My current solution to this issue is every time I need to edit or make changes, I save the file path with an extra “/” per the GUI requirements. Then I SSH into the ReadyNAS via PuTTY, log in as root, installed nano (apt-get install nano) and then go to the config file

nano /etc/frontview/backup_jobs.conf

Then I edit the line for file path

from

[remote:rsync+ssh]/IPAddress://data/Folder under remote SSH User]/

to

[remote:rsync+ssh]/IPAddress:/data/Folder under remote SSH User]/

removing the double "//".

Then save the config file and the back-up runs correctly.

I was hoping this would be corrected but it has now been several updates of ReadyNAS OS 6.10.X without correction of this issue.

[EDIT: I can't figure out why it won't let me include the screen capture in the post and is giving error ones, maybe moderater has to approve them?]

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless), RN3220|ReadyNAS 3220 (Diskless), RN322123E|ReadyNAS 3220 12x3TB Enterprise Drive
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements